TechSpot

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane 1.9GHz & Biostar tForce 550 AM2 Motherboard -$159.99

By beef_jerky4104
Feb 17, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whoa another great deal from newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138026

You get a feature full Biostar motherboard and a brand new Athlon 64 X2.

And yes Biostar is actually making good Overclocking boards. This Board is supposed to have DFI like options in its BIOS, and can (according to reviews online) take a 1.9GHz CPU to like 2.9GHz. Thats Crazy and its from Biostar, who'd think?

The CPU is an OEM Athlon 64 X2 3600+ with 65nm Tech. It is clocked at 1.9GHz and can easily do way more than that. The only con is that it is OEM, you lose warranty options and you don't get a stock cooler. But at least that way you can choose your own, which should be better.

2. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

That is a really good deal, too bad I spend $80 on my Athlon 64 3500+ and ~$40 on my mobo, which is only about $30 less, although with a huge performance increase :( .

3. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

And too bad I spent $99 on my CPU and $70 for my mobo. And both are socket 939 :unch:

But yeah, Biostar is making pretty good overclocking boards, especially their T-series.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.