AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2GHz overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

andymiesta

Hi i have a Asus A8N32-SLI with a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2GHz Socket 939 and i have it overclocked to 2.9Ghz on a 11x Multiply and it seem pretty stable when playing call of duty 4 etc. But as i lower the Multiply to 9x and put FSB overclock to (325) which makes it 2925 Ghz the pc boots but its not stable on the desktop would high performance DRR 400Mhz OCZ Performance DDR400,corsair xms etc make it more stable on the lower 9x multiply since the Ram iam using now is just cheap

RAM makes a big difference. I've had good experience from OCZ and Corsair. You may want to try adjusting the voltage on the cpu or the memory. Though the cheap memory may not do so good with adjusting the voltage.

It could be the Motherboard thats crapping out at that high FSB.

I had a very similar board {NF4 Ultra - not SLi though} and 311 was the highest FSB it would handle.

What's your RAM running at when you go for 325?

I think i have found out why 1 of my Ram sticks is dead cause when i overclocked on the 9x multiply it came up with (page fault in nonpage area 0x0000001a BSOD) so i removed all the Ram sticks and installed 1 at a time and booted with 512mb it work fine with the other 3 sticks but with the one in thats dead the pc would not boot on the 9x multiply and the fsb overclock at 320 the speed of my ram is running at 208.9 iam going to try and overclock higher

Overclocking.

Hey any status update on your overclocking? We have the same processor and board. I am running mine at 2.4 with the default of 400MHZ. at 11x220. with 4 gigs of Corsair CMX-1024-3200 ram. Any tweaking i need to do in the ram settings? cpu-z says that my timings are 3-3-3-8. Which i have all set to auto in the ram timings. Would like to see if i could get it up to 2.9 as in your previous posts. Thanks.

about your oc

hi,
i have the same setup as you and i was wondering if you oc your 4200 to 2.9 on stock voltage?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back