Amd athlon 64 x2 kills intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just wanted to let ppl know, im amd all the way and this rly proves that amd is better than intel

Let's see how the price on dual core cpus compares between them in about 8 months when it's time for me to upgrade my PC. Because I sure as piss am not spending $500 on a processor.

well the amd 4800 X2 , there fastest one, is 1001$, the cheapest, 4200, is in the low 500's, much much cheaper than the intels

Go AMD!! Shame i'm stuck on a Athlon though. But its still faster than a 2.8GHz Pentium 4, and it saved $150 on the purchase price of this pc. Gotta love that.

My door still swings both ways.. fig speaking

I try to make the most of both worlds.
Since I have to work on both platforms.

which one is the girl and which one is da boy?
AMD/Intel?
imagine the off off spring they would produce...
MINTLADE
METALIND
LANDMETA
TAILMEND
I hope they use birth control....

ROFLMAOTMSH :haha:

ripken204 said:
well the amd 4800 X2 , there fastest one, is 1001$, the cheapest, 4200, is in the low 500's, much much cheaper than the intels

You sure about that? I was under the impression that dual-core P4s were going to be only slightly more expensive then their single core p4s. I have not seen a specific price sheet though, which I'd be interested in.

well I think in future terms. Intel(sucks) will bring out their P5's soon. Becides Intel still has the peeps who arnt nerds and don't know alot about computers. I'm all AMD but I'm sayin that intel is puttin more bread on the table. The P5's will be around 5-8 ghz

Of course the Intel Dualcorers are going to be way more expensive, just look at the P4 EE if you're unsure.

Amd>Intel

Wotrop said:
. Becides Intel still has the peeps who arnt nerds and don't know alot about computers.

I take that as an insult, i own a P4, and i am a nerd...lol....actually if i were to do it all over (as far as CPU choice) i would pick AMD...but as they say in the matrix, im not here to make the choice, i have already made it, now i just have to understand why i made it..(yea thats my inner geek)

Sean

the thing about intel is thier ht-enabled system's unrivaled multitasking abilities. if amd can make a better dual-core cpu, then perhaps intel's multitasking advantage may disappear.

"Unrivaled" multitasking capabilities because of HT? I don't know what benchmarks you've been reading but you are sorely mistaken.

sure cant beat AMD

hehe amd flogs intel all round i'd say. i bought my Athlon XP 2400+ system like 3 years ago and spend less on it than my friend did 4 months ago on an intel P4 3.2ghz system... and mine beats it down to the floor on every benchmark test ;)
!!!LONG LIVE AMD!!!

If an Athlon 2400+ beat a 3.2Ghz p4, it aint just the cpu involved there, other specs must be VERY different. I see theres quite a few people just jumping on the I LOVE AMD bandwagon, because some of the experts say theyre better. Intels clear thier caches better than AMD's, so if you download stuff for hours, then move to a high spec game, you wont get the same performance as a p4.

I'm still on Athlon XP (t-bred B) 2600+ (2495 = 200x12.473), and it has never done me wrong. I'm not saying Intels would perform better than AMD's, cos its quite clear by benchmarking they wouldnt. But don't just say it cos every1 else is. :giddy:

My next processor will be a Athlon 64 X2 For sure. got the money in the bank ready for launch!

And by the way, as far as i know, the p5 isnt even on the horizon yet, so i don't know where you got that from :S

~FuSion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back