AMD Catalyst 13.9 and Nvidia GeForce 327.23 WHQL drivers released

By Scorpus
Sep 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. For those of you out there with an AMD Radeon graphics card, AMD has released the Catalyst 13.9 drivers, which are both WHQL and Windows 8.1-certified. The drivers address a number of issues with performance in games, applications and the...

Read more
  2. psycros

psycros TS Evangelist Posts: 1,298   +668

13.8 b2 murdered my Skyrim performance on a 6870HD. Here's hoping the latest build fixes that.
  3. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Evangelist Posts: 811   +93

Be sure to delete all the junk these NVIDIA drivers leave behind. They're in c:\NVIDIA
  4. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,159   +198

Thank you for the heads up!
  5. I run on a AMD Crossfire setup and downloaded/installed the latest drivers, but can't find any folder like c:\NVIDIA ???
    St1ckM4n likes this.
  6. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

Guest, that doesn't apply to AMD graphics card users unless you had an Nvidia card installed previously. Installing an Nvidia graphics card driver will create a c:/nvidia folder. If you look, you should have a c:/AMD folder.
  7. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,603   +411

FYI. The junk goes beyond C:\nVIDIA and C:\AMD, so deleting those don't make all your problems go away. Otherwise we wouldn't have programs like, Driver Fusion (formerly Driver Sweeper), or the AMD uninstaller developed by AMD themselves.
  8. lalaman

lalaman TS Member Posts: 25

The catalyst 13.9 update lowered the fps on all my games =(
  9. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Because you have an AMD card.

Or you can just use the clean install tool on the nVidia installer. Use the AMD uninstaller for AMD drivers.

And that is why I havent upgraded since 13.1.

I cant believe AMD is still waiting on the new performance and frame pacing driver. It better be good since it has been taking them well over 5 months to develop it. This driver was just a bug fix release before the big driver I guess.
  10. lalaman

lalaman TS Member Posts: 25

yahh.... I had to revert back to 13.4 ><