AMD Dual-core question

Status
Not open for further replies.

James27uk

I have just fitted a 6000+ dual-core processor into my system I deleted the old drivers in device manager before hand. When I go into the system tab it displays the correct information but under device manager it has two cpus show ( I guess for the dual cores) but it says unknown device. Any ideas why? Could it be the motherboard? I have a kn9 non sli.

james have u got xp or vista because vista sometimes downlaods the drivers and wont install them if it thinks you have the latest drivers. So that could jsut be it and is u got vista i think u maybe just need the latest drivers and a bios update like rage said.

I have got xp dont like vista tried it on my mates comp.
Is a bios update easy enough to do or should I take it to a shop? Would the version of windows make any difference 32 or 64 bit? Also would a memory upgrade be advised?

mmhh not really it should recognise it straight away. have u tried the latest drivers for xp, that shud have done the trick if not the flash the bios this is a easy thing to do but there are many ways of doing this, the easiest way is to do an online update or let the mobo program flash it for you as this will make it eaiser for you.

A BIOS update is quite easy to do. You can find a lot of guides for it on the net.
Also, a memory upgrade won't solve your problem, but it's not a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back