TechSpot

AMD, Nvidia release optimized drivers for 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' and 'Far Cry 4'

By Shawn Knight
Nov 18, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Two of the season's most anticipated games - Dragon Age: Inquisition and Far Cry 4 - launched today and if you picked up either (or both), you'll likely want to snag the latest drivers for your AMD or Nvidia graphics...

Read more

2. Steve

Steve TechSpot Editor Posts: 2,216   +1,240

I saw no improvement in Far Cry 4 with the new driver, anyone else care to report?

3. indiangamer

indiangamer TS Enthusiast Posts: 57   +9

Me too, no noticeable improvement with my R9 290.
    BTW, We'd like to see a DA Inquisition performance review.

4. Ya would love to see DA: inquisition aswell as far cry 4 benchmarks.. didnt buy them yet cause system requirements are of no help these days....

5. Alpha Gamer

Alpha Gamer TS Guru Posts: 330   +93

DA performance review would be most welcome, specially on the cpu department, which I haven't seen so far. It is, definitely, the most cpu intensive game I've ever played and I'm under the impression that my 4.2GHz 2500k might be bottlenecking my gtx 980 in this particular game. So, I'd love to see how other cpus fare on this game.

To whom it may interest
    http://I.imgur.com/fLHRdVU.png

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
    Matthew and DJMIKE25 like this.
  6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,554   +2,894

I'm trying to keep my nVidia driver updated. Looks as if I am going to stop for awhile. They are releasing WHQL drivers more rapidly than I care to install them now.

7. DJMIKE25

DJMIKE25 TS Addict Posts: 154   +50

Agreed. I feel as though every time I turn on my rig there is an updated Nvidia driver.

8. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 1,455   +606

It's been so bad lately its like we own AMD cards :p
    Just poking fun easy red tide.

Alpha Gamer likes this.
  9. I can confirm the amd driver improves frame rate. I added about 4fps after the driver update, based on the dragon age Inquisition benchmark. 4 fps is mainly unnoticeable for me though.

10. That's what I call "optimized". I have a 295x2 and before the update I could barely reach 30 fps in Ultra, but now, it runs at about 80fps... Strange though, I had he latest "stable" driver for AMD, it shouldn't have made such a difference...

11. I also have not seen any performance difference on my 290