AMD processor problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazer07

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My old computer broke it was a packard bell i-xtreme 9053 with intel pentium processor and i still wanted to keep the old data from that computer so i removed the HDD and put it into the replacement Eltora digital with AMD sempron processor it went well for about 2 minutes then the computer played a strange sound and shut down so i decided to remove the HDD and try again but its still making the sound after a few minutes of being turnt on then shutting down. Any help/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re-check your connections.

Try safe mode. Once there, see if the events logs give any clues.

Playing a sound is different from making a sound. Playing comes from the OS. What signal is causing the OS to shutdown? Defective on/off switch or bad keyboard or anything just as unlikely.

It is unlikely that the addition of 1 HDD overburdened the PSU. But shutting down needs to be addressed.

Your description never said what happens during the few minutes before shutdown. Give us a more details about the splash screens you see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back