AMD Radeon x800xt help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jannas

Ok, after my usual annual reformat on my computer. I was re-installing my drivers as usual but I had a complication with the graphics card. The computer didn't accept the Radeoen drivers I got with on its CD and would not run Catalyst. I thought 'internet to the rescue' and got the right drivers from the website. No joy...

At this point, I thought to try the Omega drivers and they have optimised speed somewhat but thats all really.

Now, the problem is that once I turn on my computer, the device manager tells me that my X800 has a problem and not functioning properly. Thus, it won't let my play any games and runs the 'scrolling' function really slowly. a framerate of about 6 FPS. However, if I go into the drivers and simply re-install the same driver and get everything working with the display back up to 1280 x 1024, Everything is normal.

The strage part is that the 'display' function says the resolution is somewhere does at about 800 x 600 with 16 colours running. But in reality its at 1280 x 1024 with 32 bit colours active.

Any idea what the hell is wrong with this thing, Hijack this log on request...

Thanks in advance

The drivers all all gone, not a trace. I even used a tool I found on their site to make sure. I only installed the Omega drivers after I got rid of the first...

Any thing else I could be?

Nope, they are all working happily. Since it works if I just re-install the grraphics drivers but forgets if I shut the computer down, its really annoying and confusing.

Ok, I'll try that but I'll let you know that catalyst has never worked for me. Only in safe mode would it boot up correctly... unusual problem this...

Get speedfan from the downloads section and use it to monitor temperatures, voltages, and use it to check out you hard drives S.M.A.R.T. characteristics!!

And that will help how?

Ok, update. I've used driver cleaner pro as instructed but it lost me my chipset drivers. I got those back on from the Ati CD and its not making any differance from how it used to work. Blasted thing!

Here is a hijackthis log, if it will help

That is of no use whatsoever, your log needs to be as an ATTACHMENT.

The reason i suggested speedfan is that it can show possible hard drive problems.

I can see no serious problems with you HJT log, however, some spyware can hide from HJT so you need to rename hijackthis.exe to analyzethis.exe then post a fresh HJT log.

Great... I've been using the Driver cleaner pro and re-installing drivers and hoping it will stick but I keep getting a Zero display service error. A quick net search suggests that this is a driver conflict. However, I must have got rid of the conflict thanks to the handy driver program. Any ideas?

The file ati2dvag.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.

Thats the only problem I could find, but I have been using the Omega Drivers recently just to test them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back