AMD refreshes Never Settle bundle program with new games and wider selection of cards

Jos

Staff

amd revitalizes settle game bundle

AMD is significantly refreshing its Never Settle bundle program. Starting today the company is adding a new selection of games to choose from when picking up one of the company’s participating graphics cards, which now include almost the entire Radeon 200 series, as well as a delayed redemption option.

Specifically, the new “Never Settle Forever” bundle will cover everything from the low-end $70 R7 240 all the way up to the high-end R9 295X2 -- AMD’s Radeon HD 6450 rebadge, the R5 230, is the only exception.

There are three different tiers: gold, silver, and bronze. Buying a more expensive card gets you more games and better choices. For instance, an R9 290 or 280 series card will get you a gold reward, which entitles you to three free games from a pool of 17 full titles and 5 indie packs.

The silver reward package lets you to pick from the same selection, but limits you to only two games out of the bunch. AMD R9 270 and R7 260 graphics cards fall onto this tier. Lastly, the R7 250 and 240 belong in the Bronze tier and include one free game out of 10 available and 5 indie packs.

Indie titles come bundled in 2-for-1 packs including Guacamelee, Dyad, The Banner Saga, and Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. As for AAA games, they include the upcoming Murdered: Soul Suspect and Mantle-enabled Thief, as well as Hitman: Absolution, Sleeping Dogs, Just Cause 2, among others.

Codes issued with purchased cards will be good until August 31, 2014 and AMD will continue updating the games selection. That means if the current crop of games doesn't tickle your fancy, you can wait it out for others to be included, but you must redeem all of your games at once.

Permalink to story.

Great job AMD, more games to choose from which is very nice and encouraging.

Kinda want that murdered soul suspect game.

Ugh, r5 230 is a 5450/6450 rebadge? Why am I even surprised?! I bet 240 is better at idle power and is actually powerfull enough for some of the games currently selling, then there is iGPU from intel and AMD's own APUs if you want powersaving, so why would anybody want 230, even in an OEM computer?

I'm afraid there's nothing in the bundle that would make me spend money on a new video card, not that my current card needs replacing anyway but at least AMD offers something on the house which is more than can be said for it's rival.

Ugh, r5 230 is a 5450/6450 rebadge? Why am I even surprised?! I bet 240 is better at idle power and is actually powerfull enough for some of the games currently selling, then there is iGPU from intel and AMD's own APUs if you want powersaving, so why would anybody want 230, even in an OEM computer?
Well when your at that level, the only real reason for this card are low powered workstations or old machines. In reality there is very little point to a card like this unless for some reason the machine you run needs more outputs for a cheap price or just a video card in general that does not need to do anything (And of course your machine is old).

Ugh, r5 230 is a 5450/6450 rebadge? Why am I even surprised?!
AMD only introduced one new GCN 2.0 GPU (Hawaii) in their change from naming (HD to R), and one salvage part of the previous GCN1.1 architecture. Not counting the OEM parts:
R9 280X is a HD 7970 GHz Edition
R9 280 is a HD 7950 Boost
R9 270X/270 are memory clock boosted versions of the HD 7870 GHz Edition
R7 265 is a HD 7850
R7 260X is a HD 7790
R7 260 is a salvage part of the 260X
R7 250X is a HD 8760 (OEM) which was previously the HD 7770 GHz Edition
R7 250E is a HD 7750
R7 250 is a HD 8670 (OEM)
R7 240 is a HD 8470 (OEM)

FWIW's Nvidia's latest card, the GT 705 uses Fermi architecture (GF119) and was previously known as the GT 610 and GT 520.
I'm afraid there's nothing in the bundle that would make me spend money on a new video card
Me either, but then, these game codes are usually available on eBay for cents on the dollar. Miners especially don't have much need for large multiples of them.

Well when your at that level, the only real reason for this card are low powered workstations or old machines. In reality there is very little point to a card like this unless for some reason the machine you run needs more outputs for a cheap price or just a video card in general that does not need to do anything (And of course your machine is old).
You know we'd be surprised as to how well these cards sell. They probably outsell something like the R7 260 by 10:1. In South Africa where I live you can pick up these cards at your local 24/7. Just kidding about the last remark. :)

Are AMD cards still overpriced for the performance due to the bitcoin/*coin craze?
Not really, you can get an aftermarket cooler on a R9 290X for the 550 dollar price now on newegg and a 400 dollar 290 aftermarket so that craze is finally over.

You know we'd be surprised as to how well these cards sell. They probably outsell something like the R7 260 by 10:1. In South Africa where I live you can pick up these cards at your local 24/7. Just kidding about the last remark. :)
Really? I actually would not expect that unless there are literally no options available. But even so I don't think they could even play League of Legends very well. Heck I would rather run off the A10 7850k or i5 with HD 4000 over that GPU :p. I want a local 24/7 store to have computer parts, that would make me beyond happy!

Not really, you can get an aftermarket cooler on a R9 290X for the 550 dollar price now on newegg and a 400 dollar 290 aftermarket so that craze is finally over.

Really? I actually would not expect that unless there are literally no options available. But even so I don't think they could even play League of Legends very well. Heck I would rather run off the A10 7850k or i5 with HD 4000 over that GPU :p. I want a local 24/7 store to have computer parts, that would make me beyond happy!
As you said yourself they're mainly used on older computers where gaming is not a priority and upgrading to an APU is too expensive. That happens a lot in this neck of the woods and not all that common in your country.

As you said yourself they're mainly used on older computers where gaming is not a priority and upgrading to an APU is too expensive. That happens a lot in this neck of the woods and not all that common in your country.
Well of course, I was just making a joke in reference to your joke about 24/7 stores carrying them :p.

I'm afraid there's nothing in the bundle that would make me spend money on a new video card, not that my current card needs replacing anyway but at least AMD offers something on the house which is more than can be said for it's rival.

Actually the last 2 cards I bought were Nvidia GTX 760's, and both of them came with free games, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Batman Arkham City, and Assassins Creed IV Black Flag, all of which were new releases at the time, unlike most of the AMD titles which have been out for a while. It's ok to be a fanboy, just try to get your facts right first.

Actually the last 2 cards I bought were Nvidia GTX 760's, and both of them came with free games, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Batman Arkham City, and Assassins Creed IV Black Flag, all of which were new releases at the time, unlike most of the AMD titles which have been out for a while. It's ok to be a fanboy, just try to get your facts right first.
Im pretty sure that if you actually took the time and looked at the specs of skids computer you would see he is anything but an AMD fanboy. You need to check your facts before you accuse that.

That bundle your referencing were also awhile back and is no longer available at least from the sites I see (newegg, amazon, etc). It was a limited time offer deal while this is still going on (Though you can get daylight with Nvidia cards).

If you look at my system specs (yes, you can see them on my profile page) you may just see something you didn't expect. Remember the AIB for your card throws in the game bundle, not nVidia, whereas AMD's game bundle applies to all brands of AMD cards.

Hmmm...this is interesting. But I've had a bit more experience with nVidia. I believe my laptop has nVidia. I'm looking to upgrade my parent's computer. I'm buying the shell off them and might gut it out. It would be a slow rebuild...but a rebuild lol.

Hmmm...this is interesting. But I've had a bit more experience with nVidia. I believe my laptop has nVidia. I'm looking to upgrade my parent's computer. I'm buying the shell off them and might gut it out. It would be a slow rebuild...but a rebuild lol.
I'm not so sure it's such a good idea. It'll probably cost a lot less to buy a new lappy but if you're determined to use the old shell...

I'm not so sure it's such a good idea. It'll probably cost a lot less to buy a new lappy but if you're determined to use the old shell...
Wait are we talking about re-using the shell of an old laptop? Putting in new parts in that would be rather difficult without heavy modding since laptops change constantly and there is no basic setup scheme.

AMD only introduced one new GCN 2.0 GPU (Hawaii) in their change from naming (HD to R), and one salvage part of the previous GCN1.1 architecture. Not counting the OEM parts:
R9 280X is a HD 7970 GHz Edition
R9 280 is a HD 7950 Boost
R9 270X/270 are memory clock boosted versions of the HD 7870 GHz Edition
R7 265 is a HD 7850
R7 260X is a HD 7790
R7 260 is a salvage part of the 260X
R7 250X is a HD 8760 (OEM) which was previously the HD 7770 GHz Edition
R7 250E is a HD 7750
R7 250 is a HD 8670 (OEM)
R7 240 is a HD 8470 (OEM)

FWIW's Nvidia's latest card, the GT 705 uses Fermi architecture (GF119) and was previously known as the GT 610 and GT 520.
yes, I know about GCN rebadges, but I assumed Oland chip (240, 250) will finally make older VLIW arhitecture "obsolete".

btw: Hawaii and Bonaire are GCN 1.1 as far as I know.

yes, I know about GCN rebadges, but I assumed Oland chip (240, 250) will finally make older VLIW arhitecture "obsolete".

btw: Hawaii and Bonaire are GCN 1.1 as far as I know.
Hawaii and hawaiixt (290 and 290X) are indeed GCN 1.1 along with Bonaire xtx and a few others.

It's a bit odd in actuality, I actually was confused because depending on the site it could be labeled both ways. Now it seems they almost all say GCN 1.1. But if you look on the previews or announcements for Hawaii, they label that as GCN 2.0.

Last edited:
Hawaii and hawaiixt (290 and 290X) are indeed GCN 1.1 along with Bonaire xtx and a few others.
It's a bit odd in actuality, I actually was confused because depending on the site it could be labeled both ways. Now it seems they almost all say GCN 1.1. But if you look on the previews or announcements for Hawaii, they label that as GCN 2.0.
Hawaii was initially talked about as GCN 2.0, and you're right, depending upon which slide deck and presentation the reviewer/previewer went to, or whether they just "supposed" a variant you can get a different answer.

Just to confuse matters further, AMD themselves don't even differentiate between 1.0 and 1.1. As far as they are concerned, both are just GCN and have a shared IP pool. AMD's stance was made fairly clear by AMD's Dave Baumann a few months ago.

Currently my parents don't use the tower at all. Literally...the last time it was touched was like....a month or 2 ago. So they are looking into a laptop. The tower currently has 8 GBs on it and I mean it's not terrible. I think the only thing I'd really do is upgrade the graphics card and try to get USB 3.0. Maybe gutting it would be expensive and probably not worth it...I've just been thinking it out. xD

Currently my parents don't use the tower at all. Literally...the last time it was touched was like....a month or 2 ago. So they are looking into a laptop. The tower currently has 8 GBs on it and I mean it's not terrible. I think the only thing I'd really do is upgrade the graphics card and try to get USB 3.0. Maybe gutting it would be expensive and probably not worth it...I've just been thinking it out. xD
Oh, OK. I thought you were looking to strip and upgrade a laptop which is not exactly economically viable if not downright impossible apart from upgrading storage and maybe RAM. A desktop tower is an entirely different proposition.

Oh, OK. I thought you were looking to strip and upgrade a laptop which is not exactly economically viable if not downright impossible apart from upgrading storage and maybe RAM. A desktop tower is an entirely different proposition.

Yeah. The only way I could be any more happy with my laptop, is if it had more memory. But I'd like to take the load of my gaming off my laptop and put it on a desktop and make it primarily for gaming. Leave my laptop for school so I don't feel compelled to have it plugged in so often. I'd like to do some updates to the desktop. Its not that it's a terribly old computer. I think it's...5-6 years old.

Back