AMD troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Smee

My athlon xp 3000+ is running @ 2.1 ghz. Shouldn't it run at 3 ghz !!!! and know running at 2.1ghz the thing is overheating i tryed to over clock 2 2.4ghz but my CPU didn't like that and kept shutting itself down

If im being a compleat n00b L4m3r feel free to slap me in the face cos really I have no clue what I'm talking about?

Good Day!

Edited because of language
--Mictlantecuhtli

Dude the Athlon chips actually dont run at the quoted figure. They run at a much lower clock speed, however they offer supposed equal performance to an intel chip. In your case, even though your chip is only running at 2.1ghz, it should be the equal of an pentium running at 3.0ghz. I myself have an Athlon 64 3200 and its running at 2ghz. Its nothing to worry about mate.

o cool this is what i initially thought untill my freind came over and said hay dude my pentium runs at the speed quoted on the box im like yeah but i heard that the clock speed on the front of the amd box is just a comparison and he's like no man you got rip off so I kinda go pissed off as can be seen above in my previous post

/me takes a deep breath & starts smacking El_Smee repeatedly on the face like there's no tomorrow... ;)

You wouldn't be in this situation if you had taken the time to read the sticky thread -> Identifying AMD processors

It's there for a reason.

Have you tried different multipliers ?? and what is you Cpu voltage set at???

I have a AMD 2500 (Barton) oc to right now to 2.125 gig the only thing holding me back is my 2700 ram this will be fixed real soon...

tbrunt3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back