Amd with Artic Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere that you can't use Artic Silver thermalpaste with AMD Athlon 64 or it will destroy the AMD processor. Is that true or just a lie? Thank you :) .

I dont know if this will help you out any but i put some thermalcompound that came with a cheap fan on an AMD (dont know exactly what kind), which was on an OLD OLD hp and it started smoking. lol. :hotbounce

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

That`s just a load of bull***t.

Look HERE for instructions, on how to apply Arctic Silver.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

No artic silver applied properly will not harm a CPU. I suspect the basis of what you heard was from a couple of years ago when noobs slopped artic silver onto their CPU's and it ran over causing short circuits on mobos and DID damage some CPU;s. it was enough of a problem that AMD announced it would not honor any warranty for any defective CPU that showed signs of having had silver therrmal compound on it.

basically AMD got tired of *****s who by thier own stupidity trashed their CPU then wanted AMD to replace it for free.

You can use any thermal compound on any processor you wish to apply it to. The method you employ determines if it is hazardous to the life of your parts. Before doing anything it is recommended that one brush up on the art of applying thermal compound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back