Amy Schumer tops Intel Security's 'Most Dangerous Celebrities' list

Shawn Knight

Staff member

If you’re looking to stay safe on the Internet, you’ll want to exercise caution when searching for select comedians, celebrities and television show hosts according to Intel Security.

In the 10th annual McAfee Most Dangerous Celebrities study, Intel Security cites comedian Amy Schumer as being the most likely to generate dangerous search results that could expose people to malware and viruses. She also becomes the first female comedian to take home the top “honor.”

Schumer edged out Justin Bieber, Carson Daly, Will Smith and Rihanna (in that order) among the top five. In sixth place is Miley Cyrus followed by Chris Hardwick, Daniel Tosh and Selena Gomez with Kesha bringing up the rear.

Amy Schumer topping the list, Intel Security says, highlights the fact that more and more people are cutting the cord and moving away from traditional cable and satellite providers. To fill the void, they’re turning to the Internet in search of free content.

Gary Davis, chief consumer security evangelist at Intel Security, said consumers today remain fascinated with celebrity culture and go online to find the latest pop culture news. With this craving for real-time information, he added, many search and click without considering potential security risks. Cybercriminals are well aware of that fact, Davis notes, and take advantage of it by attempting to lure fans to unsafe sites ripe with malicious software.

Just how bad is it, you ask? According to Intel Security, a search for “Amy Schumer torrent” results in a 33 percent chance of connecting to a malicious website.

Permalink to story.

Amy Schumer? Justin Bieber? Miley Cyrus? I know it's mean of me to say, but if your wasting your time on some of these imbeciles, then you probably deserve to get hit with something.

Amy Schumer? Justin Bieber? Miley Cyrus? I know it's mean of me to say, but if your wasting your time on some of these imbeciles, then you probably deserve to get hit with something.

This list seems like its most likely aimed at pre-teen and teens.

Perhaps a simple name change? Mortimer Snerd comes to mind ..... That's one for all you Red Skelton fans!

lDIOTS who watch everything these *****s do, are most likely glued to TMZ, like a drug. Pathetic

"Gary Davis, chief consumer security evangelist at Intel Security, said consumers today remain fascinated with celebrity culture and go online to find the latest pop culture news"...yet Barry Manilow has not made the list for the tenth year in a row.

Back