An msn messenger virus, popups, and privacy settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm having some problems that I contribute to a recent infection(before yesterday my computer has been completely secure)

Yesterday, my younger sister accidently got a virus off msn messenger that has been going around recently and now my Norton Internet Security seems to be blocking attacks and adware trojans quite often. Also, I am getting a bunch of popups for "virus scanners" and things like that. I checked my internet privacy settings and it was turned down to "accept all cookies". When I turn it back to "medium high" it puts itself back down to accept all cookies. I've scanned the computer with norton internet security several time and it hasnt picked anything up. Is this a simple problem or do I need to resort to the 13 step virus removal process or do i need to reformat all together?

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Disgruntledtate only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back