An out of disk space now have account problem

tpw

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:31 pm

My computer ran out of disk space I thought the night before I had free up some space. The next day I turn on computer I notice alot of icon on the desktop was missing and when I click on folder like my document which I had alot of gb of stuff in their it show empty. My computer missing alot of stuff but when I go to my computer look at my c drive it showing alot gb is used up on computer but cant see anything.

Been messing around when I go to start my computer local c drive I see the message these files are hidden click on show content of this folder I see all my stuff their in different folders.

Seem like I am in all user account and need to be in user account. When I go to C:\Documents and Settings user folder I see my stuff when I go to user I see what I see now. When first turn my computer on basically new computer. Empty but when I right click the box that comes normally white it's gray.

Not advance with computere you mean size of the user account with my stuff in it.

Boot into Safe Mode and login.
When you get to the desktop, use Run->CMD to get the command prompt and enter CLEANMGR and hit enter. This will delete lots of temp files and should make life easier for you.

Whole hard drive 74gb I try to back up just user folder it was 60gb when I started the back up and got up today. And it look like it was done it only show 55gb on my external hard drive do that mean it did not back up everything.

Last edited:
it only show 55gb on my external hard drive do that mean it did not back up everything.
No, it means at least 5Gb was hidden things MS does not want you to worry about - maybe with such a small drive you do need to worry about them. @jobeard has told you one way to start on that.

Also check post#4 in this https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rapidly-eating-up-disk-space.200186/
Note the references to WinDirStat. Some prefer viewing used space as a windows explorer-like tree http://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/

Last edited:
Back