An Unusual Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flint_Steal

Hi there first of all I'd like to apologize if this is something you cant assist me with but I have used your services before and was extremely impressed.

My Father runs a business and it has become apparent that an enemy of his has installed a recording program called Spectre Pro on his business computer which is able to take screen shots of everything he has done on the computer as well as record key strokes when he types in passwords. I also know that this program then emails these details to an email address.

As you are experienced in helping removing viruses I was wondering at all if you would be able to assist me or at least point me in the direction to someone that could find out which email address this is going to.

I understand I should contact the manufacture of the program but have not had much luck because of privacy issues which is quite ironic.

I am planning on formating the computer so removing the virus' he has and program is not a concern its proving who done this, is what I need help with.

Thank you for your time and consideration and I understand if this is not something you can assist me with but I wanted to at least try for my father.

A good security tech in your area should be able to do this. It will not be inexpensive. You will need a lawyer, in any event, to be sure you don't get yourself in deeper doodoo in attempting to track this information. The key word is "proving."

Hi there,
are you sure its Spectrre Pro that is being used?
Because that program DOES NOT email snapshotted details to a different address.
It only keeps snaphots etc in a hidden folder that is password protected.
The villain would then have to access that hidden folder on your dads pc with his password. On the other hanbd he may be using eblaster, which will stealthily copy a specified email address in on everything that has been sent and received from your dads email account.

yes sorry for not being specific it is eblaster but I believe the owner website falls under sector pro sorry about the miss information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back