Android "L" to bring multiple user accounts feature to smartphones

1. Android users, rejoice! After bringing the feature to PCs and tablets, Google might bring support for multiple users to smartphones as well, helping you restrict your kids from making in-app purchases, as well as keeping your nosy friends and relatives...

Read more
  2. Movatheaiur

Movatheaiur TS Rookie Posts: 28   +7

Thank god.
    H3llion likes this.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,341   +1,939

This could be very handy but for me it's as handy as an ashtray on a motorbike. My devices are my devices, 'guests' don't use them, they buy their own or go without.
  4. AnonymousSurfer

AnonymousSurfer TS Guru Posts: 451   +37

They used to have this for the droid 2, where you could make multiple accounts for your phone. I never really used it but I guess if you had some kids it would be useful
  5. Wtf?? My nexus 10 with pure android has had this for years
  6. oh I see, it has been implemented only on tablets and pc
    the headline should be "Android smarthphone users" not just "Android users"
  7. Gah, nevermind, im slow today, sorry
  8. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

Guest, no problem. I think we've all had days like that. :)
  9. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,114   +1,377

For a mobile phone this is a bizarre feature.

However, what would be really useful - to have a quick Guest mode, so when a friend or a relative asks for it to make a call, you can activate, so they only can make a call, but not be able to sniff around any content.

It is particularly useful when your new girlfriend uses it as an excuse to check on you.
  10. darkzelda

darkzelda TS Addict Posts: 251   +86

It's a very useful feature, some people is going to find a lot of uses for it
  11. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 807   +270

I guess if some family has a tablet for everyone, they will need this feature, otherwise, it's useless.