TechSpot

Annoying ad

By mailpup
May 23, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. upload_2014-5-23_17-5-25.png

This google ad expands to cover the top portion of forum pages no matter which page including the index page.

2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,058   +645

Haven't got this one yet. Does it collapse at some point? Usually we allow expandable ads that collapse within a few seconds.

I see the top alignment of the ad is also wrong (too much wasted space) which does make the experience uglier, too.

3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Topic Starter Posts: 6,979   +362

I don't know if it would have collapsed by itself because I didn't let it sit long enough before I manually collapsed it. I will check that the next time I see it.

4. mailpup

After over a minute I had to manually collapse the ad.

TheDreams likes this.
  5. TheDreams

TheDreams TS Addict Posts: 609   +61

I've got the same problem[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Julio Franco

Sorry to have to put you through this... I do need to narrow down the advertiser so I can report it to the agency.

Can you tell me who is the advertiser or what product is being promoted?

Also, I see there's a close link on the bottom right corner, and we do allow expandable ads but the issue here is that the ad appears to be misaligned and also it should collapse within 10-15 seconds at the most. I understand the latter is not happening.

Thank you!

7. mailpup

The ad is by Google but I failed to notice the specific product(s) featured. I should have been more thorough. The next time I see it I will try to be awake enough to identify the ad better.

8. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

It is a Google Apps for Buisness ad. It is pretty obnoxious, marching cell phones taking up a lot of vertical space. Real bad on older 13" widescreen laptops that have lame resolutions.

mailpup likes this.
  9. Julio Franco

Thank you guys. I have reported the ad now. Hope this gets resolved soon.

10. SNGX1275

I don't know the time frame of soon. Perhaps not 16 hours, but its still there.
    [​IMG]

11. SNGX1275

24 hours later, ad is still there. I dislike the large ads in general, but this one is just hyper-abnoxious with shaking and bouncing phones, the only way it could get worse is if it also had sound.

12. TheDreams

TheDreams TS Addict Posts: 609   +61

Yes, I still see it as well.

13. Julio Franco

I thought adding sounds effects would simply make it more awesome... oh well

I've instructed our agency to remove the campaign since no fix has come yet, for an exact hour count you can ask @SNGX1275 ;)

learninmypc, SNGX1275 and TheDreams like this.
  14. SNGX1275

Haven't seen it so far today :D

15. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 6,592   +335