TechSpot

Annoying BSOD problem

By rebel heart
Jan 8, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. The bsod's are getting so annoying. every 15 friggin minutes. bam! blue screen! I'm never gonna get any work done (I work from home)

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Do you have many USB devices plugged in to your computer? One of them may be the cause of the BSOD's. Do you notice any yellow (!) in the device manager?

3. rebel heart

rebel heart TS Rookie Topic Starter

I don't use flash drives on my computer at all. I usually keep everything saved on about a dozen floppy discs.

4. Tmagic650

I'm not talking about flash drives. I am talking about USB devices like mice, game controllers, keyboards and external USB things. What about any yellow (!) in the device manager?

5. rebel heart

Oh. the muse is a synaptic touch pad, I didnt know I could plug controllers into it, lap= built in keyboard, and no there aren't any yellow (!) in the device manager... I dont know. I dunno. I just dont know

6. Tmagic650

If you get any new BSOD's post the new minidumps

7. rebel heart

New minidumps here

Attached Files:

8. Tmagic650

Okay, no real change in the minidumps. Check the hard drive by going to Computer and right-click on the C drive. Select properties, tools, and check now. Put a check mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up...

9. rebel heart

The blue screens are gone now. I just gave up and system restored. unfortunately upon doing so my built in webcam apparently doesnt exist anymore