Annoying BSOD, vanishing disk space

bonnetboi

I have been experiencing BSOD quite a number of times already. I also noticed that whenever it restarts (the system) after BSOD, the hard disk space I have becomes smaller and smaller. have performed disk clean ups and virus scanning etc. it did clear up a lot of space however, BSOD happens and disk space is depleted again. What do I do?

I remember the codes 0x000000D1 (0x8F000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x96c51448)

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    83.6 KB · Views: 3
Twice the VIA ethernet driver FETN62.sys was cited as the cause of your issue.

Once the ESET driver epfw.sys was cited as the issue.

* There is the very strong possibility that these drivers are not working well togeter.

If you built this system what is the make of your motherboard?

If you bought this system who made it, i.e. Dell, HP, etc.?

Twice the VIA ethernet driver FETN62.sys was cited as the cause of your issue.

Once the ESET driver epfw.sys was cited as the issue.

* There is the very strong possibility that these drivers are not working well togeter.

If you built this system what is the make of your motherboard?

If you bought this system who made it, i.e. Dell, HP, etc.?

yeah it's a custome built system. i'm actually planning to build a new one, however i'm still short on the funds for the parts that i like to have lol... anyway my motherboards an ASUS P5VD2-VM SE. I'm running on windows 7 with vista being my previous OS. Asus will not be releasing new drivers for windows7 for this particular mobo though. so aside from the obvious solution that I should buy a new one, what else can i do to resolve this error?

The best advice I can give is to go to Asus' website and if you haven't already done so - and if they even offer any - update the latest BIOS and chipset drivers available or at least the ethernet drivers.

Or disable ESET and see if that resolves th issue though ESET is a stable software (I run their NOD32 version 4 antivirus and love it).

The best advice I can give is to go to Asus' website and if you haven't already done so - and if they even offer any - update the latest BIOS and chipset drivers available or at least the ethernet drivers.

Or disable ESET and see if that resolves th issue though ESET is a stable software (I run their NOD32 version 4 antivirus and love it).

ok, now I've done that, I get these. I'm not sure what's happening and my disk space fluctuates. I thought it was something to do with the video card so I tried and cleaned it and see to it that it's snug fit in the pcie slot. it did work for one day. but the next time I boot up, it happened again, aside from BSOD, disk space is continuously depleting. what do I do? could this be a virus that eset can't detect? or should I just reformat. I've partitioned my hd where the installations are separated from my files (I.e. documents, pics, vids etc.) do you think reformatting would be able to solve this?

Attachments

• Desktop.zip
    54.1 KB · Views: 1
fetn62.sys was cited again along with the Windows OS driver tcpip.sys which has to do with networking. The latter is not your issue.

I would suggest running a full hard drive diagnostics.

fetn62.sys was cited again along with the Windows OS driver tcpip.sys which has to do with networking. The latter is not your issue.

I would suggest running a full hard drive diagnostics.

i see. so i would have to do chkdsk, virus scan, and that windows defender (arg...windows defender takes a suuuuppppeeerrr long time to finish)... just a question since we're at the topic of networking issues. this totally has nothing to do with the new cable adapter that our cable technician installed right? coz we didn't install any drivers in our systems and i've never heard drivers being installed when a networking peripheral (ie router/canopy adapter) is changed. But as with my observation, computers here at home are connected to a router, i noticed the problem - bsod etc, occurs when someone in our network shuts his pc or disconnects from the network. When that happens, bsod starts... what could be the explanation for that?

Well any router I have ever installed required software/drivers for installation. I have no knowledge of how the big boys do it but I'd be calling my cable company.

Sigh it happened again. tried entering into safe mode, done the registry scanning, virus detection, checkdisk etc.. I rolled back the ethernet driver because it got updated lately through windows update so I thought it was the one causing the prob. could you interpret the dump files for me pleaSE?.... disk space went from 25gb to now 20Gb without any installation going on... what's happening?

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    84.2 KB · Views: 1
Once again all three minidumps cited FETN62.sys as the issue. I am now suspicious of your wireless card as possibly being defective.

Once again all three minidumps cited FETN62.sys as the issue. I am now suspicious of your wireless card as possibly being defective.

i'm not actually on wireless here... the router we have is kinda low tech if you know what i mean... so i'm literally wired to it ^^, so there's something wrong with my mobo's ethernet port?

Have you tried switching out your ethernet cords? If not see if that rectifies the issue. Also, have you reset the router itself by removing the power cord for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in?

Have you tried switching out your ethernet cords? If not see if that rectifies the issue. Also, have you reset the router itself by removing the power cord for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in?

i did yes, bsod still present once in a while. i'm beginning to think that i need to buy a new mobo T_T,

ok so now on to the second problem in my post. aside from the BSOD that i get everytime someone in our home network disconnects from it, i also noticed vanishing disk space. i tried to clear out the registry, trash bins and other stuff via registry cleaner and clean up disk utility. it did work and got myself 40Gb of free space, but then i noticed... along with consistent 100%, my free disk space is slowly eaten up. what could the cause be? tried cleaning the gold portions of my RAM and cleaned my video card assuming that they were the culprit but in did me no good. up until now, i'm at 100% cpu usage with only one tab of IE open. i tried scanning while on safe mode w/ networking. no virus, malware or the like were spotted ( or it doesn't make a difference even if i scanned it in safe mode or not). so do i need to buy new RAM/HD or can i just reformat my hd?

check your crash dump files. I wonder if its doing full memory dumps. If thats the case its copying the full state of your system memory everything you crash. That would deplete your hard drive state quickly if your crashing alot.

Back