Annoying BSOD!

alecstheone

Hello, I get bluescreen many times when I shut down my computer and I thought that somebody can help me.... It's not a rule but its annoing. Firstly I thought that it was because of overheating of some of my pc components because this error seems to appear when I use the computer for many hours.... I tried to play some games and to shut it down but the error didn't appeared.... Secondly, I tried to play games untill it was hot, than I left it a few minutes untill it cooled down and I shut it down and the error appeared again.. So I don't think it is because of the heat... Firstly, this error appeared just by shutting down of the computer, but in time it also appeared also while surfing the web, while playing, while killing an application, when putting on sleep or when shutting down... (when shutting or putting on sleep down lets say 1 in 5 times, the monitor goes black and the coputer stays open...)
It appears more frequently when shutting down or putting on sleep...
I checked the computer and it doesn't have dust in it and the drivers are up to date....
Now the last thing that I suspect is the software... (and I really hope that this is the problem )

My computer is a DELL PRECISION T5500, hex core processor XEON 5675, video card: Quadro 4000, 12GB RAM ECC, 1.5 TB HDD and Im running Windows 7-64 bit
I have deamon tools indtalled and eset smart security system AV. (heared this may cause the problem but not sure...)

As You can observe from the minidump files its not so stressfull and frequently that I cannot work on play on it but I would like to know what to do because my warranty wont last forever...
Please help me.... I don't have other options and its really hard to ship it back to the warranty because it'll cost much...

I'll upload all the minidump files below.. there are a few and pretty various... :(
http://ge.tt/5LhQtHJ/v/0?c

Thank You very much!

Things that come to mind are:
Bad HD, Bad Drives, Bad RAM, Bad PSU..

Lastly, bad MB, as the errors range all the time. I had a computer here that would blue screen randomly.. New RAM, new HD, new cables, PSU tested good, MB and CPU stayed the same, would still blue screen. Temps on the board and CPU were fine, but errors were almost always different, and some the same as yours.

Things I would try would try first: Install the newest Video card driver for your video card. Second, Test the HD, then test the RAM.

If you are familiar with creating Boot disc's and the like, download Hiren's Boot Disc, and burn it as an Image to a DVD. Boot off of it and run diagnostics tests on your hard drive and the RAM. Diagnostic tools for hard drives as well as Memtest are all in that Boot Disc.

Testing a PSU would be hard unless you have a Power Supply tester, or are familiar with how to test it using a Volt Metre, but it would be easier and better to test with an actual power supply tester..

MB and CPU are the last things to be suspected if all else fails.

Thank You for the reply!
Sometimes I get bluescreen and it restarts after ~5 seconds automatically and when it does this it creates minidump files.. When I turn it off an it doesn't turn off as it should there are 2 options:
1) it stays on and the monitor is off and I must close it from the button
2) it gives me bluescreen and it doesnt restarts by itself so I have to close it from the button (and when I do it it doesn't create minidump files... maby thats wh'y you see only 3-4.. because I received way more this year..)

I also want to mention the face that I had a few problems with the power...
As I mentioned before I have Quadro4000 GPU and it does sucks alot power (my power supply is about 900W)
I remember I had a strange problem last year when I bought the computer... And namely the screen flickers randomly.. In games on the internet I had no clue what it could be.. And after a few weeks of searching and posting on forums I realised that the flicker appeared when somebody turned the neon bulb in the bathroom... And I tried to turn it on and off and this was the problem (maby the PC needed 900W and he wasnt receivint them all when turning on the light because the neon lights drain alot of power when turning on)
I moved the computer in the other side of room not too far from the initial position (about 2-3 meters) and it is plugged in the same socket and I don't receive any flicker anymore... This however strange because the only difference is the position and a 5 meter extension cord... But it seems to be working...
I remember that on the old position I couldn't encounter any bluescreens... Now the flicker is gone and the bluescreens appeared..
Could this 2 problems be somehow related to each other?? I tried to turn the neon light on and off and all the lights in the house but I didnt got ant BSOD...
Maby the GPU now receives enough power but the ram aint.. or I don't know ?!
BTW, I live in a medium city, in a block of flats at the ground floor so I think I have enough power as they from the 4 th floor...

Anyway I'll try the memtest and the HDD test and I'll let you know...

There's 2 different things about power to look at:
You should be getting 120Volts from the wall sockets in your house, if you recieve More or Less, this is bad.. Undervolting or overvolting can damage parts, and yes cause blue screens.

If the computer would flicker when turning on a light, either the wireing was done poorly in the house, or possibly not getting 120V on that circuit. At first I thought you changed to a new socket, but you say you didn't, checking online the neon bulb doesn't seem to have any effect on monitors

As for the 900W PSU, 900W should be fine, but over time PSU's can die, just like any other part. Capacitors, resistors, stuff inside can break down over time, wear out. But unless you have a spare power supply you can just throw in it is kind of hard to see if it is an issue, the other way is a Power Supply tester, which you'd probably need to purchase.

In the end it could turn out to be a Motherboard issue, in which there isn't really anything you can do but replace it.

Do you have warranty with Dell? Could always send it to them if you do.

Its strange and interesting how with 5 meter power extension cord and 3 meters distance, with the same socket the flickering dissapeared... I still have the dell warranty but as I said its pretty expensive to send it back and also wait a few weeks for it back.. The last option this will be however, but before it I would like to know for sure that its not somehow related to drivers or other software... And if aint, than I have to send it back... :(

Yeah, I can see why you'd want to wait. But if you have a Warranty with dell, then it means that the service is paid for. They won't fix anything software related but they can replace hardware if it is under warranty, that is the purpose of it.

However, if they just offer the Service after the warranty has expired then yes you will have to pay for it.

If it is Drivers or Software the two best ways to check for that is Safemode and updating ALL drives.

It's a dell, so getting the drivers is easy, go to dell site and search for the model (or use the autodetect). Download and install ALL the newest drivers.. Test, if it still blue screens. Go into Safe Mode, your limited to what you can do, but see if it'll blue screen while in safe mode.

If no, then there is more then likely a service or program causing an issue, but not 100%.

The only problem is that I get the bluescreen randomly... I can't actually "TEST" it... So I have to play around many days in safe mode until it reappears... But in safemode I cannot do anything... (games or work) So I guess the only option is to ask someone to decode the minidumps if it's possible... That's why I called for the forums help...
Maby not just the drivers are causing this problem... maby other software... Someone suggested me after decoding one minidump that maby DAEMON tools causes the BSOD... I uninstalled it but I still receive BSOD... Maby the other minidumps refer to other programs... Can someone explain also for other people who get BSOD how to decode them ?!

Anyway, I'll update the drivers to the dell certified one (although I have the latest stable drivers on the manufacturers website)
BTW, by drivers I understand only the graphic card drivers as I don't use other ones... like motherboard, or CPU... Every time I reformat a PC I only install the GPU drivers as the other ones are automatically installed by windows...

Should I install others too?

Yes, as TMagic said install the Chipset, they are very important. And I would suggest doing all the drivers because they all have a purpose and they all can fix errors that may arise either with software or updates that happen. Updating to the newest ones for everything (Audio, Graphics, Chipset, Ethernet and Wireless(if you have it)) You use all these components, and updating drives can not only Fix issues, but they can make the hardware perform better.

So try all the drivers, the ones off of Dell's website for your model are certified and tested by dell before they put them onto their website for download (at least we can assume so).

As for looking at the minidumps I use a program called BlueScreenView ( http://download.cnet.com/BlueScreenView/3000-2094_4-10965136.html ) Basically it just opens up those minidump files to view them. Telling you at what date and time it happened, and what the BSOD message was, and what drivers were in use/possibly caused the issue. I looked at them and since they are not a constant BSOD then it's hard to say, but looking online and from one of the minidumps (4 in a row) showed an nvidia driver in use.

Which in this case could be either Graphics or Chipset. I didn't look right into it as the next few after that had nothing to do with it.

Hello!
I ran memtest 86 for about 18 hours (8 passes) and no errors occured...
Than I ran seatools for both of my Hdd's (samsung and seagate) an after running several hours it sayd "PASSED" at the test category...
I also updated the Samsung HDD firmware as it was marked critical on dell driver page..
Could You please help me... I cannot find to download the motherboard chipset... as it doesn't appear in the dell driver page with Windows 7 - 64 bit selected... I also installed the some kind of network adapter driver and audio controller from dell page... Its very disorganisated and hard to find what you need although it seems organisated... Anyway... So I need the motherboard chipset if anyone can help me find it and I also noticed that there is a newer FW to the other HDD (Seagate) but its not listed on the dell page.. Should I apply it?

Sorry for the delay! I had some exams..
My service tag is: 36ZFSL1
It happened one more time :( since last post... I left the PC on because I had some work to do and after I came back it wasn't on sleep as it should be, it was on and with the monitor black... I tried to press all buttons and still nothing... I had to shut it down from the power button and as I said in this type of errors no BSOD appeared and also no minidump...

And towards what I asked before... Should I also update the Seagate HDD FW although its not on the dell page? Is it possible that this problem is because of the HDD?!

The motherboard chipset driver is under all 105 drivers for T5500. You want the Intel one. Remember to always use the service tag number (if available) for information on your computer. It selects the proper model, because there may be many other hardware combinations with the same model number. Don't worry about the HDD yet

yes, but if you click on the (105 drivers tab) If you look carefully there is set to windows vista 32 bit... and I'm using windows 7 64... And if I set it to windows 7 64 bit the chipset tab dissapeares ... And BTW under the intel driver it says "optional"... Should I download it from intel page?

I installed windows 7 Sp1 and ran sfc/scannow and everything went ok with no errors....
I also ran what a DELL [FONT=georgia]Client Technical Support Associate [/FONT]suggested me, namely a diagnostic utility found here for any people who encounter this kind of problem...http://www.dell.com/support/drivers...v.A1394A0/A0496, A1394A0&productCode=precisioIt have an option to check for system lockup.. So I ran it for many hours and everything was passed... (so I still pray it's not a hardware issue)

The only thing I have left is to start driver verifier and wait for BSOD...

Hello! Sorry for the delay but I'm still in exams... As told, I ran the driver verifier and I received several BSOD's... I received a few when opening my computer (with a microsoft word open in the task bar) or when the computer enters in sleep mode or randomly.... Almost every time when the computer automatically enters sleep mode I got BSOD... When I manually put it, sometimes it doesn't show the BSOD...

As you can see from the uploaded minidumps most of them are from today and all have C4 error...

http://ge.tt/9SbNsvJ/v/0

DRIVER_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL
Still having driver issues. Is the device manager free of Yellow exclamation points?

No, I don't have the intel chipset but after talking with the dell support I understood that its not mandatory... And on the page pointed from you where is the download?

The dell support also suggested me to uninstall magic iso... Since than the driver verifier is running every time I'm using the computer and I haven't received any BSOD yet... (still waiting...)

Back