Not open for further replies.

mooserny

I am running Windows XP and I keep getting this annoying message over and over:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program:C:\WINDOWS\System32\cidaemon.exe

R6025
-pure virtual function call

It has popped up on my screen twice while posting this thread. What is it and how does one get rid of it?

Thanks,
mooserny

cidaemon.exe - cidaemon - Process Information

Process File: cidaemon.exe or cidaemon
Process Name: Microsoft Indexing Service

Description:
cidaemon.exe is an indexing service which catalogues files on your computer to enable for faster file searches. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

If you don't see any side effects from the error you can try turning off error reporting by doing the following.

Right-Click on the My Computer icon, then choose Properties, then choose Advanced. Lastly click Error Reporting then choose Disable.

I tried turning off Error Reporting....but the error message is still popping up....grrrrr. Any other ideas I might try. Oh I am using Firefox I forgot to mention that in my original post...if that means anything to anyone. Why would this error message just start popping up? It never did this before just all of a sudden started doing it.

Thanks,
mooserny

poertner_1274 said:
cidaemon.exe - cidaemon - Process Information

Description:
cidaemon.exe is an indexing service which catalogues files on your computer to enable for faster file searches. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Can't see any reason why the indexing service should be used at all, if indeed it is what is called the indexing service that you reach from my computer/services.

Since I know rather btter than XP where all my 'stuff' is, I have always turned it off to (a) avoid any unnecessary application running (b) conserve all the HDD space otherwise wasted on something I neither need nor use.

'Stable and secure' ? probably even better if you turn it off ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back