TechSpot

annoying new hardware wizard/sp2

By Iam138
Mar 14, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok so i just installed a NVIDIA GeForce MX 4000 graphics card in PCI Slot 1 to improve the performance and look of Window Blinds 5.0/Crystal XP Vista Inspirat(not a big gamer so i figured thats all i needed) anyway this did the trick nicley. I uninstalled all the integrated graphics drivers (VIA/S3G UniChrome) before installing the new card like i said the new card is working great and there are no conflicts however after EVERY reboot i get the new hardware wizard popping up wanting me install the integrated graphics of course i cancled this however when i go to the the hardware manager there they are again. I finally just disabled them (the UniChrome) and that solved the problem however i would like to find a more permanent solution to this in case i have to do a system restore or have to re-install my NVIDIA drivers for some reason. Also cpu-z identifys my graphic interface as being the AGP Version 2.0 regardless of what i do. My mobo is an MSI/MS-6734 w/KM 400 chipset and Pheonix 6.00 PG bios my cpu is an AMD XP 3000+ i doubt you need all that info but i thought i'd be thorough. If this topic has been adressed please direct me to the thread as i looked before posting this but that don't mean my burnout *** found it. Thanks
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.