Annoying white strip along lcd monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this annoying white strip that runs vertical across my monitor. I have a dell inspiron 8000 laptop. I'm wondering if I would have to buy a new lcd screen, which I'm trying to avoid because of the cost, or do I just have to replace the lcd cable to fix it. Anyone know of a solution? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi!

Is that a CRT monitor? Have you tried that monitor on another computer to see if it's the monitor that is broke or the computer that is having problems. If it's the monitor, junk it and look on www.craigslist.com on the free page from your city for a new monitor. I see people giving away monitors all the time. If you don't find a free one, buy one for like 5 bucks. Anyway's, good luck

It could be either a bad LCD or bad video card. One'd have to take a close look to decide. Either way, you are better off taking the laptop to repairs. You can ask about the cost of a new motherboard or a replacement LCD panel beforehand.

Me Too

I too have a vertical blank white stripe about 2inches wide-i have had the lcd panel out to find the model number, but as it is a 17" laptop, the replacement cost of the panel is horrendous - is there any chance it could be the video cable or something else and how would i diagnose the fault? - not afraid to fix it myself :)

Thanks

Most likely it is the LCD panel. It could also be the video adapter, but that would mean replacing the motherboard - possibly even more expensive than the LCD panel :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back