Another ASUS mobo victim!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi..

Recently purchased a new ASUS mobo (P5B-VM ver. 1.3) and Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 as the core of my new games system..

Everything went together well, was checked, checked and checked again... everything was technically sound.....

EXCEPT! it got past POST (Beep!) and there was nothing... no whizzes, pops or bangs... just silence!!!!

I had resisted in buying the mobo I was gonna buy cos I'd heard that some boards were incompatible, with Core 2 Duo processors, straight out of the box... they were compatible in a sense, just that they needed a BIOS update!!!

So am I one of ASUS' victims then!?!?! I had heard this has been a problem with various users, primarily owners of ver 1.3 mobo's across the whole board of ASUS mobo's.

So is the solution is to just put in another processor, download the BIOS and flash it then change my processor to my intended Core 2 Duo???

Many Thanks

Rob

Dunno, I've built over 100+ Asus systems (including three of your precise model) with absolutely no problems. Building systems requires some degree of savvy and technical know-how in order to investigate and troubleshoot common problems. Throw in the occasional bad or incompatible/cheap hardware (memory, cpu's, psu's, etc.etc.) and best practices overrule assumptions. :)

I've never had your issue with any revision BIOS in the P5B-VM series with C2D cpu's. As you hear a "beep", this means it is posting so it's something else you have confused or misconfigured. It has integrated video and you're supposed to connect to this for the first boot in order to then configure a discrete PCI-Express card (thus disabling the integrated).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back