Another BSOD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a compaq laptop v4000 which has just given me the blue screen of death. Problem is it doesn't stay on the screen long enough to read before computer shuts down. It looks to be saying something about registry and memory dump but my eyes are not quick enough.
Now this computer will not start up in any mode including safe mode.
If I try to reload the windows disk it loads all the drivers then just cuts out.
I have completed a hard disk self test through bios section as this is the only part I can gain entry to and it come up ok.
It has 2 X 250mb dimm memory chips. Taking either out still results in the same error.
It is doing my head in.
Any one of a million sufggestions welcome.

Oh and hello to the community I am a new start.

Is there any history to this? This can be caused by a whole mess of things, including bad memory, bad graphics, corrupted windows (made any changes lately including updates?) and so on.
If you have a backup of your data you could consider reinstalling windows or a factory restore. If no backup then a repair shop is the best bet as they will have the necessary adapters to connect your laptop hard drive to a desktop to extract the files you want to retain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back