Another BSOD thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have been a long time reader of this forum and finally decided to register. I have had this BSOD problem for a LONG time. It even carried over to a new system. I do not know if it is bad drivers, faulty hardware, or something I am doing but I am extremely frustrated because of it. Anyways....

I typically get the BSOD when trying to start viewing a movie or loading an explorer window containing thumbnails. It is a IRQ Less or Not Equal BSOD. It has yet to happen when playing games.

Here are my specs followed by a .dmp file:

No overclocking.
All of the latest drivers are installed. No beta drivers.
Temperatures are low and or normal.

CPU: Athlon X2 4400+
Motherboard: ASUS AN32 SLI Deluxe
Ram: 2GB Corsair XMS PC3200 DDR RAM (4x 512MB)
GPU: XFX GeForce 7950GT 512MB
PSU: Thermaltake 700W
Sound Card: X-FI Fatality

Here is the .dmp file from the latest crash already converted into a log file. If that is not what you need please let me know and I will change it.

Also, I am willing to give feedback to and keep updated the people that help me so they know exactly what the issue was.

Attachments

• debuglog.txt
    15.6 KB · Views: 5
I sure am but unfortunately I recently installed it and the problem has been around a lot longer. Is it causing problems though?

According to your minidump your problem is caused by RAISED_IRQL_FAULT_svchost.exe_INVALID_CONTEXT

This is a known issue with the Outpost firewall. I suggest uninstalling Outpost and using a different firewall programme.

If you then continue to have system crashes, go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks for the quick replies! I will see if disabling Outpost changes anything. Is there a problem with Norton Firewall as well? It was doing the same thing when I was using that firewall. Also, I should have mentioned, I have done hardware diagnostics using a couple of programs including PCCheck, Memtest, WDTools, DFT HD diagnostics, etc. and stress tested using Prime95. Everything checked out ok. I hope that helps.

If disabling Outpost doesn`t help, uninstall it completely, then see what happens. Obviously, you should disconnect from the net, while you do this. Being connected to the net with your firewall disable/uninstalled is a huge security risk.

Regards Howard :)

Well, I adjusted some of the settings in Outpost and have not had a BSOD since (about a week and a half). Thanks so much! It seems to be a problem with using Firefox and Outpost. I think it has to due with the Anti Leak portion of Outpost. Even though I had it disabled I manually set it to exclude Firefox and it has worked so far. I was having the BSOD problem when I was using Norton Internet Security so I suspect it was something smiler there too. Again, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back