Another BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

badwithpc

Hi, I've been getting error ID 1003 Error code 1000007f, parameter1 0000000d, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.

My PC is only 6months old and I use it for gaming and dont download anything bad viruses!
Started last month bought a new hardrive was fine for awhile but came back

ALOT like every 5minutes

Looking around for any helpfull advice, Minidumps attached.

Your constant crashes are a good sign of memory corruption. After reading your minidumps it was confirmed in one that specifically cited memory corruption.

All three errors are 0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

Therefore, run memtest on your RAM. See link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

yea, i agree it definitely sounds like a RAM failure... narrow your RAM down to one stick and test each stick one at a time to see which one is causing the problem if you can... the memtest would be your best option, but obviously if your computer is blue screening every 5 minutes that's going to be impossible to do.

memtest

memtested and there were no errors with either ram stick :\
heres todays failures, however I don't get the bsod when i turn off my antivirus autoprotect :O

Two more 0x7F errors specifically citing corrupted memory. Bad RAM has been known to pass memtest on occasion.

Another 0x7F specifically cited Symevent.sys which belongs to your Norton.

The final error is 0x19: BAD_POOL_HEADER
A pool header issue is a problem with Windows memory allocation. Device driver issues are probably the msot common, but this can have diverse causes including bad sectors or other disk write issues, and problems with some routers.

This one cited a different Norton driver: savrt.sys

We've lost count here of how many people have had issues with Norton. Our standard recommendation has been to uninstall everything Norton. You have to in addition use their Removal Tool for your particular version because Norton is notorious for leaving remnants of itself behind.

Then consider the free and excellent options:

Anti-virus -- Avast 4.8 or Avira Antivir

Firewalls - Online Armor (brand new release) or COMODO

Anti-malware/spyware - SuperantiSpyware or Malware-bytes

thanks

thanks ill attempt to remove norton stuff and see how it goes and get back to ya
im also using a dlink router been using it since i got my pc this brand known for issues?

All three errors are 0x7F and all cite memory corruption as the cause. So try the following two steps:

1. Run memtest for no more than 7 Passes per stick.

2. Do you know how to access your BIOS? If so, find the recommended voltage setting for your RAM from the manufacturer. Then in the BIOS see if the recommended setting is the same as what your motherboard has it set at.

* Also, give us your system specs especially motherboard make and model plus make of your RAM and how much you have installed.

Windows Xp Home
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
E7300 @ 2.66GHz
2.67GHz @2.00GB of RAM **

Nvidia Geforce 9600GT Zotac video card

il get back to ya on the voltage in a few

closest thing i could find for voltage was

3.3v 3.392v
5v 5.129v
12v 12.232v

wasnt specific in bios got some new minidumps for i appriciate all your effort <3

ram sticks still passed the memtest

All three minidumps are 0x7F. Two cite Windows drivers which are too general to be of much help and the third citres, once again, memory corruption.

Give us your system specs expecially make and model of your motherboard and the make of your RAM and how much you have installed.

dont knwo where to check the make and modle but i have stuff posted above i believe mother bored is
MSI p45 neo

no sorry i had it custom built from a pc store :\ unless it says it on the ramstick i could check

names on them are trancend and DIMM if that helps **

about to give up :| really irritating

no sorry i had it custom built from a pc store :\ unless it says it on the ramstick i could check

names on them are trancend and DIMM if that helps **

Yes, Transcend is the make, and there are better memory options. By the way, I looked up your motherboard and that memory was not on MSI's list for recommended RAM for your model. I would tell that PC shop of your constant memory problems.

My hunch is -- and I could be wrong -- that either a) the motherboard does not like that memory and/or b) the motherboard doesn't have the memory sticks set at the correct voltage.

Read those dumps. Two are 0x7F and two are 0x8E. 0x8E errors are almost always caused by hardware (thought they sometimes can be caused by drivers) and they are particualrly a strong indicator of memory issues.

in the bios they are off by a few numbers i try to make them lower but it goes red wich the system says is bad so i leave :\ dunno if this matters but in bios says my ghz is 3.33 but my processessor is 2.66ghz only and i cant make that lower only higher dont get it my comp was completly fine for 7months and then it decides not to like my ram sticks o.O

Leave any and all CPU (processor) alone! Keep it at the voltage recommended (what it was set at). We are only interested in the memory voltage. RAM can go at any time. Why? Other than overclocking we aren't really sure.

Do you have a friend who is PC savvy, i.e., he builds them and has a good working knowledge?

you know what make of ram sticks my motherbored likes? so i can get new ones on friday and test them out i did a driver updater thign but you have to pay they said i had a few outdated drivers and cannot find them

you know what make of ram sticks my motherbored likes? so i can get new ones on friday and test them out i did a driver updater thign but you have to pay they said i had a few outdated drivers and cannot find them

Let's take this slow, real slow. First, your PC should still be under warrenty so before you spend more money on RAM I would first take it back, tell them of your many 0x7F errors and that your minidumps were read and many of them cited memory corruption.

Second, there may be a the possibility you are infected as well. But right now the first, best recourse you have is to have that PC shop check out what they built, correct your memory issues, and second ask them why they used Trancend memory instead of the memory recommeneded by MSI. I would love to be a fly on the wall...

Here you go: Notice the column on the left for supported memory, but don't buy yet -- http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=P45_Neo-F&class=mb

the store i purchased from is in kamloops 4 hours drive away from where i live in vancouver now :\ wich is why id ratehr buy a new ram stick cause itd be wayyyyyyyyyyy cheaper ill give em a call tomorrow after work thanks for the info <3

Okay, if that is the case then do you know someone who is tech savvy? I would have him/her help you in your purchase.

This is what you are looking for: Supports four unbuffered DIMM of 1.8 Volt DDR2 667/800/1066 SDRAM, 16GB Max

Since you are running XP you don't need more than 2 gigs of RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back