Another checksum problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I'm feeling dizzy right now and seriously, I didn't know which part of the forum should I post this question... Anyway, here's what happened...

1. I tried to make a primary master, and slave for my two hard disks...
2. I did a trial and error with the first one, I did try to follow the instruction on the surface of the disk though. I'm referring to the jumpers...
3. I tried to to take off all the jumpers from the second hard disk, there seems to be no problem with this.
4. Probably, step number two caused the error... After having switched on my computer a weird sound came in... It's different from when the RAM is not inserted properly. Something tik tik tik tik tik like a clock ticking...
5. I tried to remove the battery, after putting it back I get a checksum error...
6. I resorted in this forums...

Help...

Welcome to TechSpot
First thing to check is the instructions for each of the HDs to properly set them as Master and Slave. Do NOT use the Cable-Select option.
Second, make sure you have the proper flat cables (40-wire up to ATA66, 80-wire for ATA100 and up), inserted with the red ribbon on both HD's and motherboard at the side where pin 1 is marked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back