Another Disk Defrag problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucould2

After running a normal disk defragment I'm left with a file that won't be de-fragmented! So that's fair enough it's not a major issue as a just installed a "more push" CPU & I no longer see the lag-up when doing program selection. Although I did wonder if it was still there so I opened up a search task bar copied/pasted the file name across. Reply came back '<file name>' not a valid folder. :confused: How can one Windows system detect a faulty/fraged file but another not enable a search based on the very system results it's already created? I've tried to delete the "named" driver from the registry but it still returns the same file (even used the "named" drivers' :blackeye: cleaner).
Code:
Volume SYSTEM (C:)
    Volume size                                = 28.63 GB
    Cluster size                               = 4 KB
    Used space                                 = 18.12 GB
    Free space                                 = 10.51 GB
    Percent free space                         = 36 %

Volume fragmentation
    Total fragmentation                        = 13 %
    File fragmentation                         = 26 %
    Free space fragmentation                   = 0 %

File fragmentation
    Total files                                = 51,776
    Average file size                          = 440 KB
    Total fragmented files                     = 3
    Total excess fragments                     = 177
    Average fragments per file                 = 1.00

Pagefile fragmentation
    Pagefile size                              = 2.25 GB
    Total fragments                            = 9

Folder fragmentation
    Total folders                              = 5,750
    Fragmented folders                         = 1
    Excess folder fragments                    = 0

Master File Table (MFT) fragmentation
    Total MFT size                             = 75 MB
    MFT record count                           = 57,880
    Percent MFT in use                         = 75 %
    Total MFT fragments                        = 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fragments       File Size       Files that cannot be defragmented
159             1.11 GB         \Documents and Settings\"named"\Application Data\Nokia\ContentCopier\2009-06-30 Nokia 6500c.nbu
NB. removed only "name" from file log hope it's not too big a post didn't know how else to edit IT. Also tried a varied rendition of the file name but no better result, it's still there? Please Help how do I remove it?

Have you tried navigating to it the long way? The ol' click and open folders till you find what you want? Pasting the file address doesn't always work when you're trying to remove things I've noticed. If they're tough to remove, then you have to be thorough and exacting.

See if you can navigate to the file. Or just try deleting the Nokia Folder. That would probably get rid of it. I'm not sure if you need it. But I see no reason you can't redownload whatever nokia software you had before and get the folder back again.

Have you also tried another disk defragmenter? I use IObit Smart Defrag. It's free and it does a pretty thorough defrag job. It might defrag that last file for you.

@ IvanAwfulitch thanks for your reply. Yes I've tried looking for the file manually, felt more like playing roulette than anything else. The Nokia cleaner I've used several times it leaves behind that file I mentioned and the cleaner file (as well as some empty folders which I went through manually deleted) but removes all other associated drivers. I look into the lObit you mentioned is it another HD manufacturers mark eg. Samsung?

Is this the one ?http://www.iobit.com/

More like this one ! https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4843-iobit-smart-defrag.html

No, IObit Smart Defrag is freeware that managed to reach the top tier of commonly downloaded software because of how good it was. It will work with any and all hard drives. The only other next step after this is to ask someone that knows more than me of a command line you can use through the Run command in the Start Menu to delete the file with force. I'm not sure how else to do it otherwise. You've basically tried almost everything that I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back