Another Driver irql not less or equal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I've been getting this problem for a while now and I have posted a few of my mini dumps, plz could you examine them for me and find out my problem cause this BSOD is really starting to piss me off. THX

hi Valken, there seems to be a problem with your zip archives. none of them open.
rezip your minidumps, and post back.

1 Crash at win32k.sys with bugcheck of 50:

The Stop 0x50 message indicates that requested data was not in memory. The system generates an exception error when using a reference to an invalid system memory address. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.

2 Crashes at win32k with a bugcheck of 0A:
The Stop 0xA message indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel interrupt request level (IRQL) that was too high. A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own. This Stop message is typically due to faulty or incompatible hardware or software.

Possible Resolutions:

A Stop 0xA message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools.

A Stop 0xA message might also be due to failing or defective hardware. If a Stop message points to a category of devices (video or disk adapters, for example), try removing or replacing the hardware to determine if it is causing the problem.

sorry for the technical jargon, its harder to diagnose problems when core windows files are referenced (for me at least lol).

try testing your ram using Memtest and let it run for at least 7 passes.

for some reason, windbg wouldnt open the last dump, im not sure why that happened.

The thing is the BSOD occurs very randomly and mostly all IRQL errors I'm currently running only 1 of the 2 ram sticks but it really didn't help. I'll give memtest a run. What i might do is reformat my pc seeing as I need to do it sometime soon.

Heres a little update. Downloaded memtest and ran it. This is on a single stick of ram. The ram I have is Corsair TwinX XL pc3200 2-2-2-5. OK with memtest on 1 stick I got past test 1 then at test 2-7 i got many errors. So I thought it was my ram. Just to make sure I tried my ram on my friends pc with memtest. On his machine the ram ran fine all the way beyond test 7. I tried a single stick then the other stick on its own and then both sticks, No errors. So at this point I think pretty much its my motherboard thats the problem.

So when I stuck my ram back into my machine. Using only 1 I had no errors until test 4 and a few more at test 6. Then I tried both at dual channel on my machine couple of errors at test 4 and a tonne of errors at test 6. But at least it was better than the 1st time round where it was getting errors at test 2-7.

So here I am know thinking its my motherboard thats the problem, and I welcome any possible solutions to whats wrong with my pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back