TechSpot

Another Driver irql not less or equal

By Valken
May 29, 2006
  1. Hi I've been getting this problem for a while now and I have posted a few of my mini dumps, plz could you examine them for me and find out my problem cause this BSOD is really starting to piss me off. THX

2. altheman

altheman TS Rookie Posts: 425

hi Valken, there seems to be a problem with your zip archives. none of them open.
    rezip your minidumps, and post back.

3. Valken

Valken TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ok lets hope these new batch of zips work

4. altheman

altheman TS Rookie Posts: 425

1 Crash at win32k.sys with bugcheck of 50:

2 Crashes at win32k with a bugcheck of 0A:
    sorry for the technical jargon, its harder to diagnose problems when core windows files are referenced (for me at least lol).

try testing your ram using Memtest and let it run for at least 7 passes.

for some reason, windbg wouldnt open the last dump, im not sure why that happened.

5. Valken

The thing is the BSOD occurs very randomly and mostly all IRQL errors I'm currently running only 1 of the 2 ram sticks but it really didn't help. I'll give memtest a run. What i might do is reformat my pc seeing as I need to do it sometime soon.

6. Valken

Heres a little update. Downloaded memtest and ran it. This is on a single stick of ram. The ram I have is Corsair TwinX XL pc3200 2-2-2-5. OK with memtest on 1 stick I got past test 1 then at test 2-7 i got many errors. So I thought it was my ram. Just to make sure I tried my ram on my friends pc with memtest. On his machine the ram ran fine all the way beyond test 7. I tried a single stick then the other stick on its own and then both sticks, No errors. So at this point I think pretty much its my motherboard thats the problem.

So when I stuck my ram back into my machine. Using only 1 I had no errors until test 4 and a few more at test 6. Then I tried both at dual channel on my machine couple of errors at test 4 and a tonne of errors at test 6. But at least it was better than the 1st time round where it was getting errors at test 2-7.

So here I am know thinking its my motherboard thats the problem, and I welcome any possible solutions to whats wrong with my pc.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.