TechSpot

Another eMachines problem........

By rob313
May 2, 2007
  1. well one night I was using my eMachines computer as I usally do, when all of sudden the PC shut down, then turned back on.....so I was like What was that all about.

Just then my KB turned on and off and started beeping so I called up my friend and he couldn't explain what could be happening, so I shut it down y pulling the plug out cause the computer froze, and it never turned back on again, just the "E" button flashes and the HDD button flashes and makes a click so do I have to replace the MOBO?

2. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,702   +1,886

Welcome to the ranks of the downhearted......

If you've been reading the posts, Emachines power supplies suck. Sometimes they take out the motherboard sometimes they don't. But, they are the first thing that needs to be checked. You do I assume, mean the HDD light.

3. rob313

rob313 TS Rookie Topic Starter

But if the front light is coming on and off does this mean my PS might be ok?

4. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

front lights mean nothing, still may not be enough power, dont skimp on a power supply.

5. rob313

rob313 TS Rookie Topic Starter

So what would explain KB turning on and off and beeping?

What about the clicking noise?

6. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

did you read the faq's here and the guides?

7. DellLatitudeUsr

DellLatitudeUsr TS Rookie Posts: 25

eMachinces are one of the worst brands out there. Keep away from those crappy things, if possible. When I got this problem, I had to go get it repaired-- it cost more to fix-- I jsut bought another computer- your MOBO prob needs replacing

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.