Another horrible doggy

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE help!

I've run numerous system scans (as I've seen suggested) and the only thing that comes up are little tracking cookies.

I have run a HJT and have downloaded the FindAWF. What do I need to do to help you guys help me? Do I copy the findings and paste them here?

Thanks a ton..been trying to figure this out all day!

(My IE won't run anymore and aboutadog and adoginhispen have been listed a few times..every time I clean the history it comes back)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Please download FindAWF to your Desktop.
Double-click FindAWF.exe to start the tool.
Select "option #1 - Scan for bak folders" by typing 1 and press Enter
When the tool has completed, a report will open up in notepad. Please post the results of the awf.txt as an attachment.

Also, please post a HJT log as per these instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Emmersintrouble only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Ok. I'm gonna have to go with cleaning my system as my restore disk is a dvd and my dvd drive died a bit ago. As much as I wish I could reformat. Ugh.

Here are the files

Thanks!

Right click on this link DelO15Domains.inf and choose Save As. Save it to your desktop. Right click on that file and choose Install. It will run immediately (you won't be able to see anything happen). You may delete it afterwards. NOTE: This script will delete any sites you may have added to the Trusted Sites. So if you want them back, you have to add them back to the Trusted Sites again.

Double-click FindAWF.exe to start the tool. Then, do the following
Select "option #2 - Restore files from bak folders" by typing 2 and press Enter .
A text file will open up. Please copy/paste the following text from the quote box (all except the word QUOTE) into the text file.

"C:\Program Files\iTunes\bak\iTunesHelper.exe"
"C:\Program Files\QuickTime\bak\qttask.exe"
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\bak\ctfmon.exe"
"C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\bak\PDVDServ.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\bak\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
"C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\bak\HPWuSchd2.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\bak\mnyexpr.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\bak\Reader_sl.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\bak\realsched.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\System\bak\EngUtil.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Qwest\QuickCare\bin\bak\sprtcmd.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6\AudioCentral\bak\RxMon.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6\DragToDisc\bak\DrgToDsc.exe"

Close the .txt file and click Yes to save the changes.
When the tool has completed, a report will open up in notepad. Please post the results of the awf.txt in your next reply as an attachment.

I`m off for some much needed sleep now, as I`ve been at this for just about 18hrs and enough is enough. I`ll be back to help you in a few hours.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Emmersintrouble only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Please double-click the FindAWF icon once again
This time we are going to remove some folders.

Use the following option: Press 3 then Enter to remove bak folders

A text file opens called: folders.txt
Click below the line and paste the following list of folders to be removed:
C:\Program Files\iTunes\bak
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\bak
C:\WINDOWS\system32\bak
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\bak
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\bak
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\bak
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\bak
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\bak
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\bak
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\System\bak
C:\Program Files\Qwest\QuickCare\bin\bak
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6\AudioCentral\bak
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6\DragToDisc\bak

Next, close and click Yes to save the changes.

When done with the above, FindAWF automatically runs a new scan and opens a new log that you need to post.
Please provide the new FindAWF log

Please post a fresh HJT log as well.

FindAWF is now clean.

However, your HJT log is not.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A8FB8EB3-183B-4598-924D-86F0E5E37085} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)

O4 - Global Startup: Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer Event Reminder.lnk = C:\Program Files\Scrapbook Designer\scrapremind.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://edits.mywebsearch.com/toolbaredits/menusearch.jhtml?p=ZJxdm090MHUS

O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe (file missing) (HKCU)

O16 - DPF: {084F552D-19EB-4668-9788-984CBC781A8F} (AsyncDownloader Class) - http://survey.otxresearch.com/Preloader.dll

O16 - DPF: {1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} -

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back