Another mouse, another catch--more than one input device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I'm having some mouse problems, and I've read some relevant threads (ie https://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-6116-Mouse-Behavior.html. However, i'm not sure if the same applies. Here's a little of what I have: description to follow.

XP Pro
I have a Kensington wireless mouse plugged into the machine's usb port
PS/2 Keyboard
A cheap cool-i drawing tablet (in usb hub)
AMD 2.4 Gs
1/2 gig mem
Via motherboard (will lookup chipset if needed)
Nvidea 64 meg card
40 gig hd
and crdrw etc

Here's the issue. I aquired a new Kensington mouse, intelligently plugged in both that and my PS/2 mouse because I didn't know if I liked the new Kensington. It flaked out, causing erratic mouse movement, gliches in cursor glide, then kaput. Well, I know that I'm able (although not recommended) to have two mice. So I unplugged the Kensington and continued without a glitch using my old trusty rodent. Then came along my graphics tablet. It's pretty cheap, nothing fancy. I plugged it in, first to my usbhub, then directly into the port. The same problem as having two mice. I replaced the PS/2 mouse with the kensington, again (just for giggles). The mouse works fine, now. Plug in the tablet and the same tune plays. I have not yet tried just the tablet without the mouse (come to think of it). Should i completely avoid this type of set up, or is there a problem outside the user (be kind, i'm admitting stupidity).

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back