Another NAV 2005 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
let me just start out by saying that i know how awful nav 2005 is, and i wish to hell i didn't have to use it, but i call my boss "boss" for a reason.

so last year my boss bought a whole lot of copies of nav 2005. we didn't use all of them. now that the ones we did use are starting to expire, he wants to use the unused product keys from last year instead of paying for renewals. should be a reasonable request, right? except than symantec sucks donkey ****.

so i uninstall it. i run the SymNRT removal utility, delete all the temp files, and manually searched the registry and c drive for relevant files/keys and delete them all. i reinstall, it asks me for the product key, i enter it, it installs and activates successfully, but it still says the product is about to expire.

any ideas, other than using a different program?

Since the 'activate'-2005 version of that crap bloatware, they know the duration of every installation, based on its key. Nothing you can do, except cough up the dosh or switch to a different product.
Get brownie-points from your boss by telling him that he can get it all for free from http://free.grisoft.com (AVG Antivirus).
(Although as a company he really should get the paid-for version).
AVG is also a lot easier on the system-resources, and catches a lot more than that P.O.S. NAV!
The 2003 and older versions you could just reinstall and get another year 'free'. Don't know about 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back