TechSpot

Another new kid is born

By Libraryguy
May 6, 2006
  1. Hi, I have been reading these posts for some time now. I decided to ask for help from all you smart and helpful people. I bought a Dell Inspirion 5150 notebook from a flea market and discovered that it had a bios password on it that I can't get around. I saw where help was there for other notebooks so I figured i try here also. No luck with paper clips and battery removal. can anyone out there help? My service tag 3 is 5PW9Y4-A95B. That's all I know about it since I can't get in the thing, it only cost me $175.00, but I don't want to trash it. Please help!!

P.S. Dell was no help at all

Libraryguy

2. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

Have you looked HERE ?

3. Libraryguy

Libraryguy TS Rookie Topic Starter

Libraryguy

Thanks, I checked there a few hours ago. Most of them contained information about Latitudes, while others suggested shorting out the chip. I tried most of them and none worked. Talked to Dell and I was placed on hold for quite some time, got tired of waiting and hung up. I saw one entry where someone said that there was a floppy that you could download that might solve the problem, though I could not find the link. If you know of this marvel in technology please show me.

Thanks for getting back so fast. This makes being new sooo much easier.

Libraryguy

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.