TechSpot

Another ;) newbie

By Strider
Aug 21, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greetings to this most congenial group!
    I found y'all 'cause I have a question (of course!) (still working on it). I also lurk (my news server doesn't allow posting :() in a couple of hardware groups. The first thing I noticed is that everyone is much nicer in these forums. The newsgroups are troves of information, but the denizens flame a lot and use foul language.
    A bit of background: I've been dinking around with computers since my C= 64 back in 1983 (I still have it). I've built 3 or 4 PCs over the last few years, so now I have just enough knowledge to be extremely dangerous :) I read a lot in these forums and in the newsgroups, and I try to pass along information I've acquired when someone asks something that I think I know something about.

*Big* Tolkien fan. First read the Trilogy in '69 (do the math :grinthumb )
    See you all around here!

"If you plan for a decade, plant trees. If you plan for a century, teach the children."

Strider

2. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,928

Welcome to techspot strider. So glad you find these forums friendly and polite, as we try hard to keep things that way. Hope you enjoy your stay, and please feel free to take part in any discussions that catch your interest. You can also discuss anything you like, not just computer related stuff, so do whatever takes your fancy. Have fun.

3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

It's nice to have you aboard. As you have stated it is nice around here, let's try and keep it that way :)

:wave: Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.