Another overheating newbeee!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:blush:

Sorry folks!! my power suply under full load is pushing 60 c, same as CPU. I,m not to worried about CPU temp but power supply is concerning me!! it's a enermax eg375ax.
does anyone think this is a bit extreme???

If you fill in your PC specs under User Profile (top left any page), we might be able to answer better.
Check that all the fans are working, incl. the PSU, and not full of dust. How old is that PSU?
That temp. is well over the norm.

how do you know the PSU is at 60C?
have you blown out your case ever? Get some compressed air and blow out the heatsinks, fans, filters (if any), PSU vents, and generally get the dust out.

Thats my profile updated! The power supply is about 2 months old, the last one stoped working and i had it replaced on warrenty. fans are all working fine, not that much dust in there!! (seen worst!) Unpluged 3 fans last night with no load and temp went down on PSU??? makes me wonder if i need a bigger power supply?

Change the temp-control from automatic to manual or vice-versa. May be a bad controller.

I don't think you need that many fans.
1 on CPU, 1/2 in the PSU, 1 intake in the front, 1 exhaust in the back should be more than enough.
Get Everest Home Edition from www.lavalys.com and read/post the temperatures in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back