Another question about Intergrated Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatman05

Hello. I was just wondering: Does increasing the before-Windows-starts framebuffer increase graphics and system performance? What I mean is: I have a Bios option which asks about shared memory size. With only 128MB of Ram, It gives me 2 opitons: 1MB and 8MB. Originally, I had it set to 1MB, but I am expermienting and set the size to 8MB. This took my 126MB of available memory to 119MB. But, I felt a performance boost. I also felt that the graphics were smoother. I+s this true, or just a placebo effect?

Maybe it´s true, but you should add more system ram, to have a greater computer experience. A 256MB stick should be very cheap on Newegg, and that would help a lot.
And yes, you should have somewhat higher graphics performance with a frame buffer of 8 MB, but overall system performance is reduced a little. :unch: If you can add more system RAM, you will be much better. :cool:

greatman05 said:
Any other responses? :grinthumb
I think lalo90e covered most of the bases.

You should either increase your RAM or buy a PCI/AGP video card.

Discussion about 1MB or 8MB is fairly irrelevant.

Having said that,8MB is better than IMB :grinthumb

Thanks. I thought you were offending me there. Oh, and F.Y.I: I'm 13! I can't really get a RAM upgrade at the moment, but I'm trying. Thanks for the response!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back