TechSpot

another roxio EZCD nightmare

By eahsaj
Aug 24, 2003
  1. i have a sony cdrw crx300e...cd burner/dvd rom drive ...just got it and very happy with it so far....however i can't burn a cd anymore...i went to roxio's site & got the patch that supports this kind of drive...i wanted to make a cd audio disk using mp3 files, like i've done a million times before...now i get 2 error messages & coasters

error #1 Dispatch error #4501
    error #2 the parameter is incorrect

it says to double click on the error message , to see what's up....what's up is there is no help when i click on the error message.....i would be in your debt if you could help me down the road to recovery...thank you

2. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

If you have the original installation CD, try uninstalling Roxio and then reinstalling the software from CD. The patch has maybe caused a problem.

However, it could be the case that the patch desires the latest adaptec ASPI layer. Go back onto Roxio's site and download that, which should be available.

3. ToRN

ToRN TS Rookie Posts: 156

This was on the site of Roxio

In other words, reconvert the MP3 file or use another burn program. I suggest Nero Bruning Rom 5.X/6.x, though my preference goes to 5.x.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.