TechSpot

Another Sound not Working

By PAHARRISN
Feb 23, 2009
  1. I am using a Toshiba Equium on XP Home with sp2
    I have done a few updates and all sound just stopped, I tried trouble shooting the Realtek High Definition Audio and followed the advice to Uninstall and Reinstall, but every time I try the reinstall it fails with the message "An error occurred during the installation of the device, Access is Denied".If I click on Sounds and Audio Devices Properties is says No Audio Device!
    I followed LookinAround's kind instructions to Check if Windows reports any problem devices, and it says:
    Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0861&SUBSYS_1179FF10&REV_1003\4&396EF7C8&0&0301 The drivers for this device are not installed.

2. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +183

Hi PAHARRISN

Click to see the Microsoft KB888111

Follow it's instructions to download/install the patch.

Reboot your machine and please give us an update!

/* EDIT */
    Actually, as it might not be clear in the intructions...
    You should click on the link in the MS KB (towards the top / left of the window) you'll see:
    Hotfix Download Available
    View and request hotfix downloads​
    Follow those instructions to get the download / patch you need from Microsoft.

3. PAHARRISN

PAHARRISN TS Rookie Topic Starter

That's fantastic LookinAround, thank you so much, I'll let you know ho I get on

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.