TechSpot

Another task manager problem

By Fallingleaf
May 31, 2005
  1. Hello all,

I would really appreciate your help with this problem but I am new to the forums so please be patient with me. Okay, I am running XP Home Edition. When I open Windows Task Manager by right-clicking on the taskbar it is always fine. However, when I open task manager with Ctrl+Alt+Delete, 90% of the time (although strangely not all the time) it has the following problems:

The Performance page contains no information - it is white and completely blank; the Networking page is a cream (beige?) colour and displays only this message: 'No Active Network Adapters Found' - even when I am able to surf the internet without any problems, and; the task manager box flickers or jumps once a second or so when it refreshes.

I don't understand why it would be okay when opening by right-clicking on the taskbar but usually not when using Ctrl+Alt+Delete! Do these access different versions of task manager?

Although this problem is only a minor annoyance I am concerned that it might be indicative of something else e.g. a virus. I have checked my system with my anti-virus, Ad-aware and Spybot but nothing is showing up.

Any suggestions?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.