another wireless network problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a belkin wireless card that was working ok until yesterday. At the beginning it would recognize the wireless network (which my flatmate uses with no problems) available, but it wouldn't connect to it. I was told to change from 2.4GHz(802.11b/g) to 2.4GHz(802.11b) on the radio band control section, which solved the problem, but then yesterday I wouldn't have access to my online banking (using internet was fine otherwise) and then it simply wouldn't connect to the network at all. Now my laptop recognizes that there is a wireless network available but it won't connect to it. And I still have no access to my online banking for some reason. I thought it was something wrong with my bank, but apparently the problem comes from my side.
Somebody please help!

Not clear enough..

Online Banking

1. What do you mean by 'online banking'?
2. From where do you access the 'online banking'? a website? on other computer at your 'wireless networked' office?

Network Detection

1. Do you always connect to the Internet using your laptop's wireless card?
2. You said, sometime your laptop found a network connection. Where were you at that time? in your office? home network? or just chilling in a hot-spot area?

Not sure about your wireless problems (lots of possibilities here).. But online banking uses a SSL (secure) website technology. Problems with your Internet browser can cause such website to not work properly.

Not being able to visit your online banking website specifically isn't a problem with your wireless.

If you are using Internet Explorer, then I suggest you try resetting the options. Click on the Tools menu / Internet Options / Advanced / and click on "Restore Defaults" button. Close all Internet Explorer windows and then restart the browser. If it is a settings problem, this should fix it. (There's some options for how Internet Explorer handles SSL websites which can cause the same problem you are experiencing)

If it still doesn't work, download another Internet browser such as www.firefox.com and try it out. If it still doesn't work, then we know it isn't an Internet Explorer problem and we can try to troubleshoot your Windows installation or whatever else it may be.

Correct rick! I had a quite similar problem before. I was unable to open my yahoo mail. I was sure that it must have something to do with my Internet settings (since I knew Yahoo Mail rarely/never have problems).

I reset the setting to default then now I can log in to my account.

Online banking is (hopefully) done but how about that network connectivity problem? He's using wireless to connect to the network. Could this be a fault settings between the wireless card & the router/access point?

I think firewall configuration could be the reason also. Should he disable the firewall.

I'm thankful to know the solutions from anyone. I'm still learning too. Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back