anti idle help

Status
Not open for further replies.
The computers (Dell Optiplex GX270) I am forced to use have been set up to delete user files after the computer is left idle for 30 minutes. I do not have full admin access so there are plenty of things I can not change. Leaving a program open or something downloading does not stop it.

I have tried opening word or notepad and leaving a key pressed so it types endlessly but after a while the keyboard turns off and is not functional until a restart. My only thought in that department is to finds a ps/2 to usb adapter and see if plugging the keyboard into a usb port keeps it from turning off. That is if an adapter like that exists.

I am fairly desperate so any sort of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I do not have full admin access so there are plenty of things I can not change.

I suggest you talk to whome ever does have full admin access and see what they say.

We cannot and will not help you to bypass admin restrictions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

anyone else?

I figured I would get some sort of response like that. It isn't "bypassing admin restrictions". So for as misguided as your response is I will ask the other people here if they have any input.

Anyone else? Thanks ahead of time.

It`d still be easier to talk to the computers administrator and tell him or her what your problem is. They are the only ones who can help you with this, by removing the stupid restriction.

I`m sorry if you found my response "misguided", but that`s just the way that it is. I assure you it`s nothing personal.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back