Anti-Spyware, logs attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojoness

Hello, I'm currently working on fixing a friend's laptop that was infected with the oh-so-lovely anti-spyware virus. Luckily I was able to reformat the PC to a time before the virus was installed. I have downloaded and ran all preliminary programs and will attach the logs. I think the worst is out of the way, I just wanted to see if there was anything else that was possibly malicious on the PC before I give it back to her. Thank you so much, you guys are always lifesavers!

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    10.1 KB · Views: 2
  • mbam-log-2010-01-08 (20-20-58).txt
    10.9 KB · Views: 1
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 01-08-2010 - 21-47-43.log
    13.8 KB · Views: 1
I was able to reformat the PC to a time before the virus

Do you mean "perform a Windows Restore" to a time before the virus? If so, the PC is still infected. If you did a format, these logs would have been clean. They are not

It was a Reformat - I guess within her laptop you can do it without any CDs (like mine for example), i did the whole "Press F11 to Reformat" thing. Although when it finished "reinstalling" it kept a lot of programs she already has, so I'm guessing it didn't completely wipe her system. But after doing so the anti-spyware that was on there in the beginning was gone. I figure it did something like a system restore, but was labelled as a reformat.

There is a thing called destructive restore that wipes old data completely restoring the laptop to a state like it was when it was first purchased. I was hoping that this is what you did here

I was hoping that would be the state in which it would reformat to, but it didn't. Like I said, at least it seems now the anti-spyware virus is no longer there, but I am certain she still has other stuff on there that needs to get cleaned out too. Was there a lot by what the logs show?

Ok, ran the scanner and ataching log of what it quarantined. Do you need a fresh log of something else?

Attachments

• esetscanner.txt
    945 bytes · Views: 1
One more scan:
Virscan

Directions:

Copy and paste the following file path into the "Suspicious files to scan" box on the top of the page:

c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe

Click on the Upload button
If a pop-up appears saying the file has been scanned already, please select the ReScan button.
Once the Scan is completed, click on the "Copy to Clipboard" button. This will copy the link of the report into the Clipboard.
Paste the contents of the Clipboard in your next reply...

Also scan these,

C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

Here you go.

Attachments

• virscan-explorer.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 1
  • virscan-svchost.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 1
  • virscan-userinit.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 0
Status