Antique style gauges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelth

anyone know where i can find antique style gauges for my temp,vu, and fan speed or any of those. I want to build a computer out of a old wooden chest and put old style gauges on it. the brass type with a white back ground .thx for any help

thats cool but still doesn't tell me where to get them , only shows if i have some like that how to make them work.

but that's what i meant, you can buy anolog gauges in your area that are not even meant for a computer and convert them. Here in Minnesota we have Northern Hydraulic Supply. Just sharing my thoughts on how I would go about It.

hum, ya there is an auto parts store not far from me , not sure i'm good enuff to do that though , thx maybe if they are cheap enuff i'll try. auto gauges go from 100-250, that won't work

I think what your after is a couple gauges to modify that measure current, or monitor other things ,but the analog mechanism is moved electrically. Like this http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Black-7-Color-Volt-Gauges.aspx. you can modify the face to fit the reading you want, or (i would prefer) to just become familiar with what the given reading represents. This is going to require that a few diodes/resistors be replaced to fit what you need. ( i had the same idea myself a while back)

ah cool so i'm not alone ,lol, well if all else i can put some modern 1's on and find a way to cover it with some type of panel i guess

Scrap metal yards and eBay are your best bet if you're after the Steampunk look. Reproduction (esp. brass) can be very expensive.
Boilermakers (the non-alcoholic version) and high-pressure systems, Shipwrights/Marine Chandlery outfitters and steam rail enthusiasts supply outfitters in your area (if they exist) could possibly point you in the right direction also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back