TechSpot

"Antispy Storm" infection - logs within

By smoke banshee
Aug 31, 2007
  1. Hi,

I came across your extremely helpful website while Googling my problems out of desperation. Since nothing else seems to have worked, I followed the instructions in the preliminary removal thread.

I've been infected by some tenacious adware that changes my desktop to a big red warning saying that a spyware threat has been detected on my computer. System tray popups (filled with poor grammar and spelling) tell me that I need antivirus protection. When clicked, they go to pcsecuritylabs.com (or something like that), which advertises some dubious product called Antispy Storm.

AVG Anti-Rootkit turned up nothing.

My logs are enclosed. Thanks in advance for any help!

Attached Files:

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is absolutely riddled with malware, so much so, I suggest cleaning will be of little use.

I therefore recommend you backup your important data and reformat your system.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of smoke banshee only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

3. smoke banshee

smoke banshee TS Rookie Topic Starter

:( I was afraid of that. Oh well, thanks for the advice.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.