TechSpot

"Antispy Storm" infection - logs within

By smoke banshee
Aug 31, 2007
  1. Hi,

I came across your extremely helpful website while Googling my problems out of desperation. Since nothing else seems to have worked, I followed the instructions in the preliminary removal thread.

I've been infected by some tenacious adware that changes my desktop to a big red warning saying that a spyware threat has been detected on my computer. System tray popups (filled with poor grammar and spelling) tell me that I need antivirus protection. When clicked, they go to pcsecuritylabs.com (or something like that), which advertises some dubious product called Antispy Storm.

AVG Anti-Rootkit turned up nothing.

My logs are enclosed. Thanks in advance for any help!

Attached Files:

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is absolutely riddled with malware, so much so, I suggest cleaning will be of little use.

I therefore recommend you backup your important data and reformat your system.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of smoke banshee only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

3. smoke banshee

smoke banshee TS Rookie Topic Starter

:( I was afraid of that. Oh well, thanks for the advice.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.