TechSpot

antivermins damn..

By reignmans
Dec 28, 2006
  1. i dont know even when i got it.. sudenly the system alert : trojan-spy.win32@mx icons started to show in the bars down right...
    when i clicked them it opened the browser and sent me to a site to "download" it ofc i didnt.. i tried uninstalling it ofc never happened ;p
    so
    help :p

here is a hjt log

2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Check out this thread. Then if you do decide to clean your system, check this out and follow the instructions exactly. Post a fresh HijackThis and AVG Antivirus log as attachments into this thread.

Cheers :)

This thread is for the use of reignmans only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in the Security and the Web forum.

3. reignmans

reignmans TS Rookie Topic Starter

the HJT is fresh ;/

4. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

So you've decided to clean your system instead of reformat?

This thread is for the use of reignmans only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in the Security and the Web forum.

5. reignmans

reignmans TS Rookie Topic Starter

i used ad-aware se
    i used nod32 which is a great antivirus utility... but NADA ... antivermins is still lurking there.. so i guess i am reformatting x)

6. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If you haven`t reformatted already, Antivermins can easily be removed by following these instructions HERE.

Once you`ve done that, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of reignmans only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.