Antivirus System pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there. My younger cousin was using my home desktop pc and unknowingly installed Antivirus System Pro on my pc.

I currently have pc tools on my pc but am unable to launch it. I'm also unable to lauch the task manager or ur run out of the start menu.

Doe's anyone have any idea how to remove this? Please help. :confused:

I'm running windows xp

Terminate application right when computer starts

I had this virus like this before and I was able to remove it. This is how you can remove it:
1. Restart your computer
2. As soon as you log in run windows task manager right away and monitor the processes
3. While the computer is loading more processes will show up, eventually the task of the virus shows up. Immediately end the process. I believe it is called rysgrd.exe
4. Start up your browser and download and install "malwarebytes anti-malware" http://www.malwarebytes.org/
5. Run the full scan and the virus will be gone after you scan, remove, and restart (done by mbam)

Note: If the name of the process is not rysgrd.exe and you cannot guess the name, watch the processes and see which ones load right before the virus program loads. Try ending those processes. If you are not quick enough remember the names of the processes, restart the computer, and attempt to end the process.

I had this virus like this before and I was able to remove it. This is how you can remove it:
1. Restart your computer
2. As soon as you log in run windows task manager right away and monitor the processes
3. While the computer is loading more processes will show up, eventually the task of the virus shows up. Immediately end the process. I believe it is called rysgrd.exe
4. Start up your browser and download and install "malwarebytes anti-malware" http://www.malwarebytes.org/
5. Run the full scan and the virus will be gone after you scan, remove, and restart (done by mbam)

Note: If the name of the process is not rysgrd.exe and you cannot guess the name, watch the processes and see which ones load right before the virus program loads. Try ending those processes. If you are not quick enough remember the names of the processes, restart the computer, and attempt to end the process.

Thank you very much i did what you said and it worked!

allhailmegatron, to be on the safe side, I suggest you scan with HijackThis. If you see entries like the following, the system is still infected with Antivirus Pro 2010:

O1 - Hosts: 91.212.127.226 winshield2009.microsoft.com
O1 - Hosts: 91.212.127.226 winshield2009.com
O1 - Hosts: 91.212.127.226 www.winshield2009.com

I am suggesting this because I just finished helping someone who had already run Malwarebytes, Superantispyware and HijackThis> and still had the malware infection. It's better to check to make sure it has all been removed.

You can find instructions and link in Step 7 here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back