Any chances for newbies to win contest?

XYZ359

Just like the topic states...

Are there any chances for a newbie at all against all you people who've posted over 2,000 posts? It certainly doesn't seem like it..

:(

Originally posted by XYZ359

Are there any chances for a newbie at all against all you people who've posted over 2,000 posts? It certainly doesn't seem like it..

XYZ, please read the threads and use the search, it is possible, it is not just the quantity of posts, but also the quality...QUALITY. This has been answered several times in other treads in this same group. Take care and good luck !! ;)

Well, I know.
I read up on two threads regarding the contest.
Trust me, with all my spare time, I click that search button.
But, what is quality?
Speaking intelligently?
Speaking with correct grammer and punctuation?
Speaking a long post?
I don't know.
That's for you guys to decide.

:grinthumb

:wave:Welcome & Hello:wave:
http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=55#post55

What it takes to win... "The Contest"
http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=382

Contest Rules???
http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=939&highlight=contest

Originally posted by uncleel
Can newcomers still get in on the contest & win? YES! With QUALITY posts. A newbie can join now & knock our socks off!

KEYWORD:
Active Participant

DEFINITION:
One who is busy sharing & taking part!

THEREFORE:
just posting trash for numbers won't win

Well, I know.
I read up on two threads regarding the contest.
Trust me, with all my spare time, I click that search button.
But, what is quality?
Speaking intelligently?
Speaking with correct grammer and punctuation?
Speaking a long post?
I don't know.
That's for you guys to decide.

To answer all your questions is one shot, Yes in a way. Your posts should be creative and beneficial to the other members of the 3DS community. If you should go around agreeing with everyone elses posts then that isnt going to get you anywhere. Quality is intelligent, correctly typed, genuine and original (not just some quote).

Post count isnt the only thing that matters..Content is the real decider.

Thanks.

Oh, and by the way, when did this contest start?

Because, I started posting on this just today.
I'm just a major forum lingerer and plan on staying on this forum even after this contest ends.
The community is nice, responds fast, gives good intelligent replies, and such.
Sorry if I'm getting you people annoyed yet mad.
Farewell.

Thanks.
Oh, and by the way, when did this contest start?

About a month ago... It ends on April 4th... But you can still have a chance...
post more than 35 pure quality posts, and you'd be a contender...

I'm just a major forum lingerer and plan on staying on this forum even after this contest ends.
The community is nice, responds fast, gives good intelligent replies, and such.
Sorry if I'm getting you people annoyed yet mad.
Farewell.

Nice to see that you're going to stay anyway :)
And very nice to see that you like the forum! We allways appreciate flatter...:D (Or at least I do :D ;))

And no, you're not getting us annoyed, nor mad... (Unless everyone I know on this board changed mentality over the last few days... :D)

.02$

Heh, thanks a bunch. All of my posts may not be super awesome make sense quality because I posted in other things but only a little like the word continue thing that Julios started. Hehe. I'll try and post more. I mean, I'm not going to write a whole paragraph on the smallest thing.

Well, thanks again.
Farewell.

Yes you can win, post quality. Read other posts before posting your own question - maybe your question has already been answered. It doesn't have to necessarly be exactly gramatically correct or have correct spelling but don't post in "d0Od $p34k" if you want to be taken seriously.

I don't want to come off as someone to yell at newbies but you said it doesn't "seem" like you can compete with people over 2000 posts? This was your first day here, how can you make an assumption like that after less than a day? There are regulars here, but there are also many people that have been brough in by the contest. They are posting as much or more in many cases than us regulars. Re-read the posts on the contest and you will realize as you should have orignally that there are no favorites played here, just do what the contest rules say and you have a shot.

I guess most who fall into the "I've posted over 2000" have probably been winners of previous contests here.

Hey maybe one day XYZ359 will be one of those members with these 2000+ posts!

If you have a little bit of time on your hands, keep reading recent posts and if you don't know the answer, research it on the net. Try to solve the person's problem for them with reading and internet searches.

www.google.com is widely accepted as the best search engine at the moment.

Try to be as descriptive and fullsome in your answer as possible. If you are offering an explanation of how to do something, then think about what might throw or confuse you and iron out those problems in your first initial post with explanations and extra notes....

And what the Hell?? Even if you DON'T win, you will have increased your computing knowledge, won't you????

Now that is worth more than some motherboard and chip or some graphics card....

Just curious, any idea when the contest is going to end ?? Do you think we can pull off 2000 in word association ?

Really have enjoyed these forums, where can I put an app in to become a MOD ??

Hey buddy - you can't just post a link to your forum on ours. Its against our TOS you agreed to when you registered. Unless you can justify doing this, I or another mod will be forced to delete your post.

Originally posted by SNGX1275
Hey buddy - you can't just post a link to your forum on ours. Its against our TOS you agreed to when you registered. Unless you can justify doing this, I or another mod will be forced to delete your post.
why don't you dump him right now, or edit out the link,
Guy comes in makes 1 illict post , and leaves.

Never mind I see it's done!:blush:
Thanks, we don't need no stinkin' outside spammers. (we perfer the homegrown type:p )

The sad thing is that there are many proper & clever ways to invite people to view your site.
The outright spamming is just so pokémonesque

Back