Any experiences with X1600xt?

By Chamot
Dec 15, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Now that ATI's lowered its price and from what i've seen on hardware forums, improved the performance with the latest catalysts, I've been wondering about this card for a while; actually i'd decided to go nVidia with the upcoming major upgrade of my system but ATI is looking tempting with its features (compared to nVidia's midrange 6-series cards).

It's hard to make a decision though, as nv offerings seem to offer much better performance; anyone got experience with the ATI card that could shed light on the performance of the card especially?
  2. Federelli

Federelli Newcomer, in training Posts: 382

Check my GPU Chart, it's great :).
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic39418.html

Now on a personal note, i think it's a great buy, and even better now that it's price has been cut. It's a great mid-top range card :).

Oh, and go for the 256Mb version of course.
  3. Chamot

Chamot Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks, I'd already checked your chart out and it is indeed great. :) I've read somewhere (can't remember where) that only the ATI branded cards support AVIVO tech (which admittedly I don't think I'll ever need, but would be nice to have anyway) btw. Any idea if that's the case?
  4. Federelli

Federelli Newcomer, in training Posts: 382

Yes, all X1x00 cards come with AVIVO :).
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.